Who has found the most caches in a day?

coyspurs

Hi All

Was looking at a fellow cachers profile who has found a huge amount of caches.

In one day he found over 100 caches!

I struggle to find a few, as either I, the other half or the dogs are worn out!

I was wondering what the record is for caches found in a day, does any one know?

I went out caching with marmal one day in Fife and he got about 104 or something like that (was definitely over 100) between about 6.30am and 11.30pm. I'd done a few of them before so my total for the day was about 75-ish I think. But it was a very intense day - I felt shattered by early afternoon - have no idea how I kept going for hours after that! Made me admire from afar those people who regularly go out over a weekend and bag 70-80 caches over a couple of days because to do those sorts of numbers on a routine basis requires a real commitment.

I`ve done 101 in a day. I started with BarryandShirley`s York Mega Series ( now sadly much reduced ) and got the urge to carry on just to see if I could do it. It wasn`t that difficult either as all I had to do was a handful of driveby`s on the outskirts of York itself.

I think the closest to the American power trails over here is probably the Skegg to Ness series of 234 ( I think ), and I know a couple of guys that have done that in one go.

As mentioned above, there are some huge numbers available on the American 'power trails' but for some UK records have a look at this link:

Some UK Caching Records

MrsB

I think that's the THIRD version of that records list I've seen in the last couple of weeks and they all well out of date! :)

Mark

Please put the links to the others on here - Then at least UK cachers can see all the versions and can collate the info themselves!

MrsB :wub:

Edited by The Blorenges

Please put the links to the others on here - Then at least UK cachers can see all the versions and can collate the info themselves!

Here you go:

http://www.geocachingrecordsuk.co.uk/

http://www.talkytoaster.info/ukrecords.htm

All pretty similar, all out of date

If records are worth keeping surely they're worth keeping up to date! :)

Mark

I have recently taken over the UK caching records and now host it on my site. I have every intention of updating it.

However, I can't do it alone so if you think you have a record that should be on the page then let me know and I'll update the page. Remember to send full details (preferably a bookmark too), your GC.COM stats link and any other information to back up your claim.

I'm also still waiting for the guidelines from Mongoose39uk to ensure that fair play is observed.

Regards,

Martin

Here you go:

http://www.geocachingrecordsuk.co.uk/

http://www.talkytoaster.info/ukrecords.htm

All pretty similar, all out of date

If records are worth keeping surely they're worth keeping up to date! :)

Mark

ISTR that Mongers asked if someone else could take over the records listings.

I'm not sure if anyone has enough data to be able to run the GSAK macros that would run these accurately (that would be seriously large amounts of data - I try and maintain a GSAK db, but even then, I don't generally hold more than the last 6 finders - I have no need to know about someone finding a cache a couple of years ago that's since been found 114 more times)

I have recently taken over the UK caching records and now host it on my site. I have every intention of updating it.

However, I can't do it alone so if you think you have a record that should be on the page then let me know and I'll update the page. Remember to send full details (preferably a bookmark too), your GC.COM stats link and any other information to back up your claim.

I'm also still waiting for the guidelines from Mongoose39uk to ensure that fair play is observed.

Regards,

Martin

Predictably, here's our first contribution:

Most Countries in 24 Hours :):wub:

Perhaps mongoose39 could remove his pages to avoid confusion

Mark

I'm afraid that records pages are only as good as the info people send them... Not to take anything away from Two Motts and Family Wood, but I seriously doubt that 138 is the UK record....

MANY people have done Skeg to Ness in a day - and that alone is 207 caches, plus the extras that inevitably get done along the way.....

Regards,

Martin

Predictably, here's our first contribution:

Most Countries in 24 Hours :):wub:

Perhaps mongoose39 could remove his pages to avoid confusion

Mark

I will be removing my pages, not just yet though. It will be dying a natural death shortly.

Any way just to clear things up. Talkytoaster did discuss taking over the records pages with me and I was very grateful to be rid of them. I just didn't have the time or the inclination any more.

Regards,

Martin

I finally did over 100 in a day with Simply Paul a few days ago!

You could probably put me down for the quickest 0-6000, 7000. .... 16000, first UK cacher to reach several 000s.

Regards,

Martin

I finally did over 100 in a day with Simply Paul a few days ago!

You could probably put me down for the quickest 0-6000, 7000. .... 16000, first UK cacher to reach several 000s.

Our own personal best is 224 in a day, back in May when we did Skeg to Ness. Started at 5 am, finished at 9pm, bl**dy knackered but a great day all the same! Would we do it again? Not a chance..!

I understand a group of three people have claimed to have found 1156 caches in 24 hours along Nevada State Highway 375 today.

Hmmm...that's an average of one cache every 1min 15 sec for the whole day, which appears to takes some doing when you think you've got to drive to each, get out, find it, each sign the log, replace and drive on...

Certainly there was a group in the US who claimed the most in one day a couple of years ago.

Turned out although they were logging all under one account, they were finding individually.

If you sign up to MyGeocachingProfile.com, go to the Extras Tab and look at Cacher Rankings there is a list called GeoFrenzy.

This lists the most number of caches done in a day (presumably logged on the same day)

There are 11 caching teams (probably all US) who have logged over 1000 caches on one day.

The highest UK entry that I could recognize was Go Pack Go with 173 but there might be others

Of course this only compares cacher teams who have uploaded their finds to MyGeocachingProfile.com

qrang

• Surprised 1

The current record is 1156 finds in one day. :unsure:

I haven't finished with the story write up yet.

It was done on Monday, Sept 27th, 2010 by a single car zooming thru the desert.

In that car was 4 crazy fast cachers (Foomanjoo, F0T0M0M, and the Ventura_Kids (2)).

The 4 of us never stopped caching the entire 24 hours, along the Alien Highway in Nevada.

You can see the crazy trail by looking up E.T. #001 thru E.T. #1021 . I think there was a link in a previous post.

It's certainly not for everyone. :unsure:

I think I now prefer puzzle caches. :unsure:

• Funny 1

I agree !!!

We didn't have time to blink.

I thought it was impossible too.

However..... read some of the stories people wrote on E.T. #001. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...5a-27c3ce5e9905

(I hope I copied the link right)

We took a couple of breaks to add gas to the Jeep.

We ate in the car while the other 3 of us kept caching.

We rotated jobs so we wouldn't go crazy.

When we approached a cache that was a couple hundred feet up a hillside, one of us would stay behind and find the closest restroom (behind a bush).

The current record is 1156 finds in one day. :unsure:

In that car was 4 crazy fast cachers (Foomanjoo, F0T0M0M, and the Ventura_Kids (2)).

That sounds like 289 in a day to me then!

(1156 /4)

What a totally pointless exercise! I bet that you didn't even SEE half the containers. That's not proper Geocaching

Most-caches-in-a-day records only really have any meaning if it's a solo cacher caching alone!

Yeah - isn't it common in the USA to simply stick a sticker on the outside of the container during a record run?

When Mongers ran the UK records page the "rules" here were that you had to open the container and sign the log book.

for us, we had stickers prepared, but we opened the container and unrolled them to put them in the right place! And our own PB (230) was set in the UK, by UK cachers (obviously!)

We ate in the car, but did have time to stop for a fag break every now and then! (Oh, and we also slept in the car, but thats another story..!)

We did have one group years ago that just wrote on the outside of the containers with a marker....but that was years ago.

I've seen many variations of "logging in". (Stickers, stamps, pen, ....even some people who just dropped tiny papers with their signatures on them).

A common method around here is to have a group name on a sticker.

We had 4 cachers in one car, and we all saw every cache.

Once we got the cache open, and the logsheet out, the closest person would add a sticker to the bottom of the list of signatures.

On this crazy road, many of the hides were evident as you drove up. You could see a pile of rocks near a bush. Most of the caches were within 100 feet of the road, and just required a quick jog over to GZ (ground zero).

No one got to sleep in the car :unsure:

• Funny 1

So you mean to say in one measly 24 hour period, you and your mates found as many caches as I had in 1 year, 6 months and 27 days?

:unsure:

(I bet my logs are more memorable!)

:unsure:

....and I'm quite certain the caches you have found were more memorable also.

I'm impressed with those who find a hundred caches in the forests in one day.

I'd be DNF-ing most of those.

So congratulations to everyone who accomplishes their own personal best ! :unsure:

The current record is 1156 finds in one day. :blink:

The 4 of us never stopped caching the entire 24 hours, along the Alien Highway in Nevada.

Wow, what a great thing to be able to do! Monotonous I'm sure, but congratulations from me for keeping at it! I'd love to get a chance at that one, just for the heck of it!

something i wouldnt mind experiencing with a team of cachers would be a 24 hour run, but only for the experience.

While not a 24 hour run, doing the skeg to ness series with Andybig and Ladybird (just Kerrie) and Team Tan (just Nat) was great fun - we did it over 2 days (well, about 20 hours) and had such a laugh along the way... it was monotonous yeah, but just so hilarious - we were all a bit giddy and had pots of fun!!!

I'm not sure about a 24 hour thing - although the girls and I intend to do the Welsh Counties soon - we won't do it as a record run though, we'll just plod along and enjoy a weekend away together!!