magellan triton2000 notes

Mongo1965

So I have the above GPSr have been using it for a little over a month now. This past week the boss let me get a premium membership. Great now I get hints and descriptions. So now I get to go paperless cept for one problem marking caches that I find and making notes on said caches. Anyone know if this is possible and if so how?

I have a triton 2000 also, and the spftware doesn't support flagging the cache. However, you can use the voice recorder feature to record a voice note about the find. I then delete the cache entry from gps so it won't show on the geocache list(I always sort by nearest).

So far for flagging a found cache I have been changing the icon to the little hill with a flag on it till I get home and am able to log it. Have not tried the recorder yet will have to give that a try next time I'm out. Might just be easer than doing short hand in the hint box.

So far the biggest thing I have found that I don't like is having to log into windows to load the caches into the unit. Wish I could get it to work in Linux but don't think that will be happening anytime soon

So far the biggest thing I have found that I don't like is having to log into windows to load the caches into the unit. Wish I could get it to work in Linux but don't think that will be happening anytime soon

My boss tolerates me having VantagePoint installed on my work PC. The only PC I use Linux at home and tried to install VantagePoint under WINE, but it didn't take. It appears to be a .NET app, so It might run under Mono on Linux, if I can get it to talk to the GPS.

Magellan makes a profession grade GPS, the Mobilemaper 6, which is very similar in appearance and hardware specis. The MM6 uses Microsofts ActiveSync protocol, so I wonder if SynCe can handle it. It it can itI might be possible to kludge something up in Linux/