Waypoints shown Comments rather then Name & .loc in GC section

jlw82

Is it possible to show the Comment on a waypoint, rather then the Name of it on the map, on a Oregon 450? Its possible to do so in Basecamp, but I cant find out if its possible to do in the actual Gps. It would be a great feature!

.. And a GC question: Is it possible to get the .loc files that I dl from GC.com to get in the GC-section on the Oregon 450? And have them with identifiably names and not gc-codes. :P

Hard to write a suitable topic for these questions. :D

Is it possible to show the Comment on a waypoint, rather then the Name of it on the map, on a Oregon 450? Its possible to do so in Basecamp, but I cant find out if its possible to do in the actual Gps. It would be a great feature!

Sounds like you are loading geocaches as waypoints? I can’t imagine why you would be doing that and not using GPX files to load geocaches as geocaches. The paperless geocaching feature uses child waypoints as extra points like parking coords, trail head coords but there’s not much use for waypoints on an Oregon for geocaching other than that. You can change the name manually in the Waypoint Manager but there is no way to switch name with comment on the GPS its self. This is easy to do if loading geocaches as waypoints using GSAK but again I don’t know why you would be loading geocaches as waypoints.

.. And a GC question: Is it possible to get the .loc files that I dl from GC.com to get in the GC-section on the Oregon 450? And have them with identifiably names and not gc-codes. :P

LOC files only contain very limited information of geocaches. You should be using GPX files to get all the geocache information.

The Oregon Wiki is the best Oregon resource to answer questions about Oregons.

Sounds like you are loading geocaches as waypoints? I can’t imagine why you would be doing that and not using GPX files to load geocaches as geocaches. The paperless geocaching feature uses child waypoints as extra points like parking coords, trail head coords but there’s not much use for waypoints on an Oregon for geocaching other than that. You can change the name manually in the Waypoint Manager but there is no way to switch name with comment on the GPS its self. This is easy to do if loading geocaches as waypoints using GSAK but again I don’t know why you would be loading geocaches as waypoints.

LOC files only contain very limited information of geocaches. You should be using GPX files to get all the geocache information.

The Oregon Wiki is the best Oregon resource to answer questions about Oregons.

Its to dadgum expensive to get premium acc! :D

Can I convert the .loc files, so they appear in Geocahces somehow? Well, i did, and they did not appear in the geocaches.

Edited by jlw82

Its to dadgum expensive to get premium acc! :P

Can I convert the .loc files, so they appear in Geocahces somehow? Well, i did, and they did not appear in the geocaches.

$30/year or works out to be $2.50 a month, really, you can't skip 1 coffee a month and get a membership.

i dont drink coffee.

im a very a stingy fellow.