COINTEST: Design your favourite “Thurus”-Edition

wenzelbub

I don't know anything about making geocoins, or whether my submission is even possible, but I'm going to throw it out there for consideration, anyway. I think the spiral design in the middle of both sides, and the little one at the top of both sides should glow. I don't know how coins are made. Heck, I don't even know how to make the "key" that you mention. I just like the color combo--it's the same one I have in our living and dining room :-).

So without further ado, here's my submission. Thurus Ice Cream Parlor :-):

There are only 4 colors at work--yellow, purple, pink and peach. The centers and the little spirals on top are showing as the same yellow color as the rest, but they should be glowing, while the rest of the yellow color should be translucent.

Edit: Plating in satin nickel if it can't be in the lavender/purple color. Purple, pink and peach colors are opaque. I still don't know if any of this is even possible. Maybe not, looking at pros' submissions. Still, it's worth giving it a try from my end :-).

1.jpg

Edited by Zwack_(I.E.'s)

As I noticed in the German forum (Grüne Hölle), the Cointest ends 3 days earlier, I designed a little faster. OK, it's only MS Paint and has some errors in the graphic :rolleyes: .

I haven't watched the other design offers that much not to be influenced myself, so hopefully my design offer isn't to similar to another one.

As I started doing a design that went to much to the rainbow version, I finally reduced to 2 colors matching the plating. Hope you like it.

thuruscointestartworkcr.jpg

COINTEST CLOSED!

Thanks to everyone made an artwork, you did a great job :D

I'm happy my girlfriend will pick out winner, there are several cool artworks and I can't decide between them B)

And I think we will not publish winner until first coins arrived to you :rolleyes:

PLEASE CHECK YOUR POST FOR PLATING AND COLOR INFORMATION

If you haven't posted any information about plating or color, please send me a PN or email or make a post till 18:30 UTC (6h after this post is published)

Otherwise I'll tell my girlfriend it's black nickel + non-transparent color!

Can't wait to see with artwork she will pick out ;)

COINTEST CLOSED!

And I think we will not publish winner until first coins arrived to you :rolleyes:

oh, now that is just not right! :D

i think we should be able to see the winner right away and that will keep us all excited to see the real coin when it comes out. keeps the momentum and excitement going rather than just stop it now and wait. my thoughts only.

Man.... I thought this was going to end on the 10th.... I must have read wrongly.

anywho.... Guess I'm going to go ahead and post what my colors were without editing

:signalviolin:98a032fc-4ecd-4fd7-a750-91cc921b3883.jpg

Would have been on black nickel. Figured I would do a halloween theme :mmraspberry:

I love seeing everybody's ideas..... congrats to the upcoming winner! Lots of good ones in there

Man.... I thought this was going to end on the 10th.... I must have read wrongly.

anywho.... Guess I'm going to go ahead and post what my colors were without editing

:signalviolin:98a032fc-4ecd-4fd7-a750-91cc921b3883.jpg

Would have been on black nickel. Figured I would do a halloween theme :mmraspberry:

I love seeing everybody's ideas..... congrats to the upcoming winner! Lots of good ones in there

I love this one, but then again Halloween is my favorite!!!! Too bad you didn't get it in by the dead line

:P:P:) WE HAVE A WINNER FROM DOWN UNDER :D:yikes::D

AlliedOz

with this artwork:

thurus-cointest-winner.jpg

(Changed brightness of some colors to make sure mint will make no mistake)

Congratulations to 3 coins of your edition!

And as well many thanks to all of you posted artworks.

It was really hard for my girlfriend to pick out winner, took at least about 30min!

Some many great ideas. Really amazing how creative you are!

For those of you placed a reservation: Chance to get one of these 10 cointest-edition is 13.3%

If you are a lucky one you will see when your coins will arrive ;)

Thanks again to everyone participated to this cointest (won't be the last one)

Stefan and Thea

@AlliedOz: please send me your adress (but i think I already have it ;) )

And please let me know a name for your edition. If possible anything thematic to "search" (translation for thurus)

I Won! :) Sweeet! :P

Thanks wenzelbub for the great cointest it was so much fun.

A good part was getting out my sample coins from cache addict and working out what trans colours complimented

each other, the other exciting part was when I discovered the 2 interlocking swirls were separate allowing me to have two colours there :P

A great learning experience and very cool seeing everyone's great colour combos.

Thanks once again, I can't wait to see it in my hand (Ok now I'm nervous, I hope it looks ok.)

:D