Techno nuts...

Wazat

Right for the GSAK people out there.

I just got myself a Nuvi 1310 to replace my Nuvi 200. Now there is a little issue I have had regarding the import of all the caches as a POI from GSAK. I can do it as normal but now the problem comes up that if the cache contains travelers it doesn't import a description of the cache. Is there a fix on this??? Also there is no listing for the Nuvi 1310 so I used the 7xx

Right for the GSAK people out there.

I just got myself a Nuvi 1310 to replace my Nuvi 200. Now there is a little issue I have had regarding the import of all the caches as a POI from GSAK. I can do it as normal but now the problem comes up that if the cache contains travelers it doesn't import a description of the cache. Is there a fix on this??? Also there is no listing for the Nuvi 1310 so I used the 7xx

Sounds like you are using the wrong macro. If you are using the Pilotsnipes macro he does not list suppoer for 13xx models.

But jjreds macro does. Pilosnipes macro is at end of life jjreds is in development.

Try this http://sites.google.com/site/jjreds012/download

Best of luck - I have not used that macro - I have it and tried it (once) but the pilotsnipes one works for my Nuvi200 and I have my workflow sorted - not wanting to bother to learn the new macro.

Trev

Thanks Trevor, this one works. Hopefully I can tweak it a bit to work better but for now it will do... Still Like the Pilotsnipes one as it bundles it all up into one file sort of. Which is great. And it works well with the Nuvi 200.

But this is also good in that it splits the different categories so I can search on different types... I quite like that idea... And the problem regarding the travelers in a cache is also sorted.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

To all the GSAK users out there...

There are very nice and new additions being planned for GSAK (and I think it gives one an idea of the future of device software using live enabled software, like Iphone, Win7 and Android, using the new API').

This is a bit technical and maybe not for everyone, but the guys drawing stats and enjoying to keep there own databases using GSAK should definitely start playing arround with this Beta version (as one of the forum members say, if the word Beta software doesn't have meaning in your life then the software is defintely not for you yet). (The suggestion is that you must install the software to a different directory than your normal GSAK and run it from there, you can use both versions, but not at the same time).

I personnally like the direct interface between GSAK and Geocaching.com. :rolleyes:

Check it out at:GSAK Beta forum

Yep, some of us have been playing with it for about a week or so now.

The Geocaching.com menu option does feel "bolted on" at this point. Not that I am complaining. I am sure going forward it will become much more integrated with GSAK.

I am in the process of getting all the logs again for my database.

I really like the new "split screen" feel of the HTML page at the bottom.

I wonder if one can modify it.... I would like the co-ords to be exactly the same as the GC web site.

Just in case you don't know. GSAK version 8 is a paid for upgrade.

Just installed GSAK beta... wow scary interface indeed. I have zero experience with the beast yet but I'm keen to start fiddling - Getting all the logs would be awesome - How does one go about doing this?

(My database hold the 100km around my home location)

Edited by The-Eaves

Just installed GSAK beta... wow scary interface indeed. I have zero experience with the beast yet but I'm keen to start fiddling - Getting all the logs would be awesome - How does one go about doing this?

I just created a new database on my GSAK and have inported all the caches in a 100km radius and also specifying that it should include the last 10 logs for each cache. see there is a limit of 30 on the number of logs per cache (Maybe Damhuis knows something I don't). You click on the new [Geocaching.Com Access] menu item at the top, and then select one of the options that you would want to use (remember to also type your caching name in to the [Exclude By] box otherwise it will download your caches also. (I haven't found my own[:D]). Hope this helps...

Getting all the logs would be awesome - How does one go about doing this?

Assuming you populated your database with all the caches you want to update, either by pocket query or otherwise, to get all the logs:

-> Geocaching.com access

-> Get logs...

-> All in current filter

-> Something like 500 logs will catch them all

Enjoy!