HUGE travel bug

Faderaven

A cache I am watching out for was visited by a person with a pretty big t-bug. If this person had only put the t-bug in the cache container and left everything else out he still wouldn't have been able to even come close to sealing the tupperware container.

So instead he uses the plastic bag in the cache to dump all the contents into (including the bug) which he then places on the ground. He puts the empty container on the bag and doesn't bother to put the lid on or to hide the cache. What is up with that?

P.S. People please think for a minute when deciding on a bug. I am going to have a hard time finding a home for this bug. I'm not sure it'll fit in an ammo container. It's big!

[toung-in-cheek-mode]

1) Find cacher - Then WHAP him upside his little head.

2) Email the bugs owner, and ask him if he would please forward you the postage so you could send it back to him, so he could try again with something smaller.

[/toung-in-cheek-mode]

Ah well.. what can one do. Other then to play as best one can when thrown a curve ball.

-Centaur.

I've just released the first of two big bugs -- Big Bad Blue Hat Duck. He's 6½''x6''x5'', but he does squish pretty well. He obivously won't fit in most flat tupperware containers, but will cram nicely into an ammo box. I'm releasing him knowing that he may take a little longer to move because of that very reason.

If a bug won't fit in a cache, though, then they shouldn't be left.

"Why don't you just ask somebody?"

"No, no. I've got a map. Don't worry about that."

I recently collected a TB: it too was too big for the cache (the box was a very slim sandwich-box).

The previous visitor had put the TB into a sealed bag, and had "attached" the bag by putting the bag end through the cache box's "seal". (did that make sense?)

Because of the box's hiding location, this worked well, made sure the TB stayed with the cache, and that both remained pretty well sealed.

Maybe your TB could have been left like that... shame someone didn't think to do that though!

paul

Team Blitz

Ok, we've found it, now where did we put the car?

When I went after a new cache last weekend, I carried one of my Travel Bugs with me because the cache page said there was a "TB Hotel" there. The travel bug was one of my Lighthouse Travel Bears. These are roughly 9 inch teddy bears, along with it's own camera and travel log book. Hopefully nobody heard me laugh out loud when I saw the Hotel was about the size of a D Cell battery! Needless to say, the bear didn't go into the Hotel. The cache container itself was also way too small so the TB came back home with me. Simple solution: If it won't fit, don't leave it, unless it's something completely weatherproof, won't give away the cache to passersby, and isn't prone to blowing away. On one of my caches, a large painted rock was left outside on top of the container because it wouldn't fit. I believe that rock is now in the possession of JamieZ.

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

quote:
Originally posted by pater47:

...that rock is now in the possession of JamieZ.

Got it icon_smile.gif right here.

Pater, I too saw that Travelbug Hotel... Um... and I didn't get it. Pater is not lying when he says it was the size of a D-cell. I guess maybe the guy had in mind that it was a good place to store the dog-tags. icon_confused.gif Pater... was there in note in that cache for you? icon_biggrin.gif

I have had some email contact with the owner of the cache, and he seems a pleasant fellow.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by pater47:

...that rock is now in the possession of JamieZ.

Got it icon_smile.gif right here.

Pater, I too saw that Travelbug Hotel... Um... and I didn't get it. Pater is not lying when he says it was the size of a D-cell. I guess maybe the guy had in mind that it was a good place to store the dog-tags. icon_confused.gif Pater... was there in note in that cache for you? icon_biggrin.gif

I have had some email contact with the owner of the cache, and he seems a pleasant fellow.

Jamie