Newspaper Vending Machine Cache

Scoopitup

I've seen all the "Bee" caches I care to. Around here if the paper box says "Bee" on the side of it it probably has a magnetic key holder in it. I don't even consider stopping any more.

I haven't found enough caches in my geocaching life to become jaded enough to not consider stopping for a cache no matter where it is hidden. Bring on the paper boxes! I'll go get 'em!

I've seen all the "Bee" caches I care to. Around here if the paper box says "Bee" on the side of it it probably has a magnetic key holder in it. I don't even consider stopping any more.

:D "Bee"? :)

I don't get it.

Bee Publications.

This cache is an example and there are lots more where that came from.

GCXTAE

Thanks. Never heard of them. Must be regional. For now, at least.

Definitely regional, will never expand. I mean the "Bee" name in New York, not necessarily the steel free streetcorner newspaper box with a keyholder inside. Find one Bee cache, and you don't even need a GPS for the other 50; just take a gander at the map on the cache page, and stop by next time you're in the neighborhood. Or just randomly notice one, and stop by, and chances are there's a keyholder inside.

For "them" at least. Not me, I'm one of "us". :D

One of the best caches I have done was a newspaper box.

The box was owned by the cacher and the whole inside of the box was the cache. The box had a lock on it that the puzzle page had the combo for.

Now key safes on the outside of a public newsbox, those aren't so much fun.

Yep, I know what you're talking about, it was discussed here. So yes, if the OP can own one of these boxes and do the same, that would be highly cool I think, and qualify as a CCC.

One of the best caches I have done was a newspaper box.

The box was owned by the cacher and the whole inside of the box was the cache. The box had a lock on it that the puzzle page had the combo for.

Now key safes on the outside of a public newsbox, those aren't so much fun.

LOL Try on the inside of the box. Those Bee papers are free so the box isn't locked.

We have one of those around here. The top part of the vending machine contains sheets which explain Geocaching, the secured part of the vending machine is protected by a combination lock, which one figures out by solving a puzzle.

Inside the newspaper box is a large Rubbermaid container with the logbook and swag. One of the best urban cammo jobs I've ever seen.

IMG_05372.jpg

We have one of those around here. The top part of the vending machine contains sheets which explain Geocaching, the secured part of the vending machine is protected by a combination lock, which one figures out by solving a puzzle.

Inside the newspaper box is a large Rubbermaid container with the logbook and swag. One of the best urban cammo jobs I've ever seen.

IMG_05372.jpg

Now THAT is what a paper box hide should be. Any chance it is in a good location? That would be the chocolate sauce on the sundae.

• Upvote 1