Locating and tracking Bugs who's number you ain't got

Guest chucklllls

Guest chucklllls

I am planning a trip to a cache to place a travel bug I picked up and help the little fella get where he's goin. There is, according to the post for the cache, another bug there goin elsewhere. The individual who placed it there mentioned it, by name only, in his log but neglected to report his placement. The cache page shows no travel bug in residence. Therefore I am unable to research the bug and perhaps plan his movement on the outbound trip if he's goin my way. Wouldn't it be a good idea to be able to search for bugs by name? I would email the fella who left it there but I am also unable to, or don't know how to find his email address. I have searched the boards by his user name and apparently he is not active.

Whets a poor boy to do? Inquiring minds want to know.

Chucklllls,

I'm not very familiar with the whole travel bug thing but I do not believe there is, at present, any way to search for a bug by name only... ya gotta have the number. Perhaps that is part of the mystique?

It does seem to me that there has been quite a bit of confusion on the part of bug finder's as to exactly how to log a 'grabbed it' or 'placed it' log entry is concerned though. Or at least it seems to be that way to me from some of the postings I've read here in this forum. If there is a way I'm sure someone will correct me.

However, since I think I know the general area you're looking at perhaps this may be the bug in question?

If so, then I also think you're out of luck 'cause it would appear that the person who grabbed it from the cache failed to log their find on the cache page even though they did log their travel bug find.

------------------

Regards,

Tedoca

Guest IBcrashen

If you know the name try going to google.com and do a search for it to find the bugs page. If you have the bug and the bug`s number you can log picking up/dropping it off. I`ve had to do this a couple of times with some of my bugs that other didnt log correctly.

[This message has been edited by IBcrashen (edited 14 February 2002).]