LOC files

wesleykey

Been caching 6 years. Now using Garmin Colorado. Premium membership expired. I am now grabbing LOC files one at a time from caches I might want to visit. Somebody help me remember what I am missing on LOC files that I had on GPX files. Is it the past logs?? If it's significant, I may re-up to premium again today.

The LOC file only has the name and the coordinates

Yup. Cache name and owners name, if you have enough characters. Sometimes, with a long cache name, you don't even get all that. And the coordinates, of course.

If it's any consolation, it's almost all I ever use. A premium member since early 2004, and have about 2100 finds. :anicute:

The LOC file only has the name and the coordinates

Yup. Cache name and owners name, if you have enough characters. Sometimes, with a long cache name, you don't even get all that. And the coordinates, of course.

If it's any consolation, it's almost all I ever use. A premium member since early 2004, and have about 2100 finds. :anicute:

Quoting myself. And I forgot, you get the GC number too. :) You can be paperless with a PDA or cell phone to supplement the LOC of course. And there's the little known feature where knowing the GC number, you can send a text message inquiry to get as much of a cache page as 140 characters allow, or text for a decrypted hint; which I definitely remember doing in July, when my brain wasn't working at a relatively easy cache.

Edited by Mr.Yuck