Base Camp error

The Weasel

Hi All,

I'm hoping somebody can tell me what might be going wrong for me.

I just got my new 62st and got the optional Birds Eye subscription.

If I understand correct, I need to install Garmin Base Camp on my PC in order to use that.

I found the Base Camp download on Garmin's website and it downloaded the .exe file fine.

The problem I am having is that when I go to run the .exe file, it immediatly pukes of the following error box...

"C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\BaseCamp_306.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I tried installing it a couple times and rebooting and that didn't solve the problem.

I am using Windows Xp as my operating system.

If anybody has some thoughts or advice I would appreciate it!!!

Thanks in advance!!

The Weasel

The problem I am having is that when I go to run the .exe file, it immediatly pukes of the following error box...

"C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\BaseCamp_306.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

This error message looks out of place to me. I don't recall BaseCamp installing the EXE with the _306 in the name (but I don't run BaseCamp under Windows much either). Also, unless your Windows XP user account is named "User" the path specified in the error message would indicate that it is incorrect as well as the fact it is pointing to your "My Documents" folder. It looks to me like your download failed leaving a partial file in your "My Documents" folder, and it can't install because it is corrupt. I would re-download the installer from Garmin and see if the error goes away when you re-install with a good installer package.

As a side note, only allowing a few hours in the middle of a business day before "bumping" your own post might annoy some folks. I would suggest giving people a little more time to read it and try to reply.

Edited by GeekBoy.from.Illinois

Maybe your install file is corrupt. Try downloading it again and see if the installer runs from the new file.

EDIT: Sorry, I just said the same thing Geekboy did.

Sorry for the "bump". I was afraid it would get burried.

I have downloaded the file 3 times from Garmin's website.

Would it be having a conflict since I also have MapSource installed as well?

sounds like you're missing a required DLL or have a corrupted version of it. now idea how to tell which one though. it may help to download and install runtime editions/redistributables of common MS suites, such as http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/deta...;displaylang=en or maybe .NET.

Well I know it's not the file. I tried installing the base camp on my Vista laptop and it worked fine.

According to the System Requirements it shows...

BaseCamp requires an IBM-compatible PC running Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or later operating system or any Intel-based or PowerPC G4 or later Mac OS*.

I checked the laptop with XP that I am having issues with and it is using Service Pack 3.

The good news is I have Birds Eye installed, the bad news is that I have to use 2 laptops to do it since my XP laptop is the one with CN 2011 and the Vista machine only has 2008. I'm still holding out hope for a fix so I can use my XP laptop for it all.

I realize its a little late since the posts are old but I figured I would put the solution here as a reference. I attempted to install basecamp on a fresh install of XP pro, with SP3 and recieved the same error. You simply need to install the .NET framework from Microsoft available on their download page. You need to install version 3.5. No need to even restart, simply install .Net framework and run the Garmin .exe files.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/deta...31-508d977d32a6

Edited by mwendig

Whatever you do, DO NOT install and if not working Uninstall .NET programs.

Start downloading Revo uninstaller, it's a free version and it uninstalls programs completely, something your windows does not do right, most of the time it leaves trace of the deleted program on the computer.

It might be necessary to install Revo then basecamp uninstall basecamp restart computer and install basecamp again, this is because even Revo might miss some registery keys.

You can use the advanced mode while uninstalling basecamp.