Need Help chosing a gps!

kniezgoda

Ok Im in the market to purchase a GPS for Geocaching....daughter works at Cabalas and I have a choice of 2... I can get The Garmin Dakota $199.00 or the Garmin Oregon $230.00 they are only 30.00 difference in cost. Which one is the best one for caching? :P Dakota10 and the Oregon 300

Edited by kniezgoda

Moving to the GPS and Technology forum.

Which model Dakota? Which model Oregon?

Not sure all I know is the Dakota runs about 275.00 and the Oregon runs about 360.00 but with her discount I can get it cheeper.

Dakote 10 and the Oregon 300

hold our for an oregon 450. much better screen resolution then the 300. it was $249 at REI a few months back, perhaps will be that price again next big US shopping day (black friday??)

If you must choose between those two, the Oregon 300 is the way to go.

However as brucered states, an Oregon 450 is a much better choice if you can afford the difference (and assuming it might be available to purchase under the employee discount program you mentioned).

The 300 is a star performer with electronic compass and a MicroSD card slot for expansion - the Dakota 10 has no expansion slot for adding memory and no electronic compass which would be deal breakers for me personally.

edit for spelling

Edited by Jeep4two