10-10-10 Geocaches in GCC

gpsman77

I was wondering if Geocachers in the GCC contries would be interested in placing a new cache to be active on 10-10-2010 to mark this day? a T.B. with the goal to circulate around the GCC contries would be another suggestion.

I can place the cache in Kuwait and hopefully the other Geocachers in the GCC would do the same.

Happy caching :P

I was wondering if Geocachers in the GCC contries would be interested in placing a new cache to be active on 10-10-2010 to mark this day? a T.B. with the goal to circulate around the GCC contries would be another suggestion.

I can place the cache in Kuwait and hopefully the other Geocachers in the GCC would do the same.

Happy caching :P

Sounds like a good idea. :angry: I can do the same in Qatar and I am sure Carbon Hunter could oblige in UAE. Please give us some more detail on your idea and how you want to co-ordinate it all.

Edited by cincol

10-10-10 is official Earthcache day.

But this falls on a work day (Sunday) - so I am currently looking in to an earthcache Event on 9-10-10.

Can look to release a TB then. The event is likely to be near Al Ain.

gpsman77 is not talking about Event Caches here but rather a Traditional Cache. I am game to place one for publication on 10-10-10. Would likr to hear his views on how he wants to co-ordinate it.

Thank you gentlemen on your responses.. I was certain that this idea would get your attention :anicute:

The idea is simple.. each one of us hides a geocache (any size that could accommodate a TB) to be active on 10-10-10

One cache in each one of the 6 countries of the GCC (hopefully).

It would be nice if they would have the same name with added country's name, e.g. "10-10-10 Geocache of Kuwait", etc.. or something like that making it obvious that there is a theme going on.

I'll see if my good friend Terrorbyte can take care of the one in Bahrain if he's not gonna be away.. and if any of you happen to know anyone in Saudi (mfares for instance) and in Oman, to see what they think.

Oh.. and the TB's placed should have their goal to visit all 6 GCC countries.. maybe even have something local (traditional) attached ro them.

So..

What do you guys think?

My cache has been hidden and will be published evening of 09/10/2010 - insallah! :blink: Once I have procured a TB I will set it loose in the cache to travel around the GCC countries. For those interested once it is published, the number is GC2G2KM and the name is 10-10-10-Qatar [Not available for viewing at the moment though.]

Edited by cincol

I will try and hide one in the Hatta area so that Oman will be covered. :laughing:

Update...I will head to the Hatta Area of Oman Tuesday Morning and secure a location for 10-10-10 Oman GC2G6F9. Just finishing the container as I type.

I will not mention my planned Multi cache that ends with F8..... :D

Edited by pseacraft

I will try and hide one in the Hatta area so that Oman will be covered. :laughing:

Update...I will head to the Hatta Area of Oman Tuesday Morning and secure a location for 10-10-10 Oman GC2G6F9. Just finishing the container as I type.

I will not mention my planned Multi cache that ends with F8..... :D

Excellent news.

i think I should drop a bigger prize for the FTF on the Puzzle cache - It really is a stinker. Perhaps a 5* rather than current 4.5*?

will await cincol's feedback and review

i think I should drop a bigger prize for the FTF on the Puzzle cache - It really is a stinker. Perhaps a 5* rather than current 4.5*?

will await cincol's feedback and review

Based on other Puzzles that I have seen / done I wouldn't say a 5* - but a 4* rather. The concept is really great and the challenge is there. One needs to employ both left and right brain to solve. :anitongue::anitongue::anitongue::anitongue:

Thanks a lot guys and sorry for being late.. Got sick after arrival from Canada and had to attend a funeral, etc..

I haven't checked the pages of the caches placed by you all yet but I'm sure they are gonna be great :lol:

10-10-10 Kuwait should be planted soon and should be ready for that day.

Too bad no one from Saudi is placing any cache :lol:

Edited by gpsman77

@gpsman - once all have been placed and activated it would be great to get a complete list from you and then we can all edit our cache descriptions to place the links to the other caches in the descriptions thereby "advertising" the other caches. That way others can see what the GCC 10-10-10 Caches are all about.

Here is what I put on mine so far:

10-10-10 Oman is placed in coordination with fellow GCC Geocachers for International EarthCache Day 2010. The GCC Series participants are Kuwait (gpsman77), Bahrain (terrorbyte), Qatar (cincol), UAE (Carbon Hunter), Oman (pseacraft), and hopefully Saudi Arabia.

Cache is placed in an area where man has left his mark on the Earth in recognition of International EarthCache Day 2010. Pretty obvious hide me thinks. Cache is located in the Eagles Head area of Oman near Hatta, UAE that is easily accessed with no need to cross the official border check point from the UAE but if coming from within Oman you will have too. Although the UAE Authorities have established temporary check points at the border along E44 to help stem the tide of "infiltrators" - I like that word. There can be significant heavy truck traffic in the area. Special Prize for the FTF.

Hi - we'll be happy to place a cache in Saudi Arabia. I wish I had seen this post before I went out with a group of new cachers on Thursday, we could have put it out then (but we did find 2/2 that we went hunting for ;) ).

Sunday is a work day so we'll put it out a bit after, but obviously name it 10-10-10 Saudi Arabia. Hope that's OK with the rules. Will post with more information, once we put it out. :(

Hi - we'll be happy to place a cache in Saudi Arabia. I wish I had seen this post before I went out with a group of new cachers on Thursday, we could have put it out then (but we did find 2/2 that we went hunting for ;) ).

Sunday is a work day so we'll put it out a bit after, but obviously name it 10-10-10 Saudi Arabia. Hope that's OK with the rules. Will post with more information, once we put it out. :laughing:

Thanks for your help. That completes the chain :(

Sunday is a work day so we'll put it out a bit after, but obviously name it 10-10-10 Saudi Arabia. Hope that's OK with the rules. Will post with more information, once we put it out. :laughing:

Thanks for your help. That completes the chain :(

gpsman77 - please compile the final list of caches to share with us all. It would be great to have cache name & GC code, cache owner, approximate location [near which city]. Thanks.

Here goes Cincol :)

U.A.E. : 10-10-10 UAE Photos (GC2G6BM) N 24° 23.986 E 054° 30.408 (Not real Co-ordinates) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. By Carbon Hunter

Kuwait : 10-10-10 Kuwait (GC2GCPP) N 29° 22.421 E 048° 00.418 Kuwait City, Kuwait. By gpsman77

Qatar : 10-10-10 Qatar (GC2G2KM) N 25° 33.585 E 051° 27.189 Qatar. By cincol

Oman : 10-10-10 Oman (GC2G6F9) N 24° 50.785 E 055° 55.411 Oman. By pseacraft

Bahrain : 10-10-10 Bahrain Awaiting listing by terrorbyte

Saudi Arabia : 10-10-10 Saudi Arabia Awaiting listing by me N u

Edited by gpsman77

10 10 10 Saudi Arabia (GC2GQPX) is in place and just awaiting publication - we back dated its placement to 10 October in order to keep in the spirit of the idea B)

Brillaint.

We had a belated 10/10/10 event on Friday. Was fun and spoke about earthcaching - so hopefully a few more EC's in UAE & Oman soon.

I can mail the presentation to anyone who would like.