etrex rubber band repair

ras_oscar

Have read many forum entries about this known problem. I've been living with it for a while now and decided to go ahead with the silicon adhesive sealant repair. Got a small tube with a fine tip from the hardware store adhesive department, and pulled the rubber off. Began cleaning the adhesive residue off the unit and notices a clear shiny tape around the entire unit. Is that the remainders of the original doib;le stick tape to be removed or is it a separate water seal to remain?

Have read many forum entries about this known problem. I've been living with it for a while now and decided to go ahead with the silicon adhesive sealant repair. Got a small tube with a fine tip from the hardware store adhesive department, and pulled the rubber off. Began cleaning the adhesive residue off the unit and notices a clear shiny tape around the entire unit. Is that the remainders of the original doib;le stick tape to be removed or is it a separate water seal to remain?

it's separate. garmin will not sell it to you either. so if you can, keep it on and keep it clean of any residue. make sure your rubber seal hasn't stretched. when mine came off and i tried to get it back on, it had stretched so it didn't align properly.