Is there even something to do in EVERY state?

Coldgears

I want to find one geocache in every state... But I can't think of something to do in every state to be honest. So I'm creating a public list of where to go on your geocaching trip out of state, and I want you to help me think of things.

* Alabama

* Alaska: anchorage Alaska and the beautiful mountains.

* Arizona: Grand Canyon

* Arkansas

* California

* Colorado

* Connecticut

* Delaware

* Florida

* Georgia

* Hawaii: The whole state...

* Idaho

* Illinois

* Indiana

* Iowa

* Kansas

* Kentucky

* Louisiana

* Maine

* Maryland

* Massachusetts

* Michigan

* Minnesota

* Mississippi

* Missouri

* Montana

* Nebraska

* Nevada

* New Hampshire

* New Jersey: The New Jesey beaches, wildwood being the number one!

* New Mexico

* New York: New york city, including the empire state building and the statue of liberty.

* North Carolina

* North Dakota

* Ohio

* Oklahoma

* Oregon

* Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, old city including betsy ross house, the liberty bell and independence hall.

* Rhode Island

* South Carolina

* South Dakota: Mount Rushmore.

* Tennessee

* Texas

* Utah

* Vermont

* Virginia

* Washington

* West Virginia

* Wisconsin

* Wyoming

EDIT: This won't work well considering the edit feature only works for like 2 hours.

Edited by Coldgears

So far I have found something to do in every state I have been in, but then again I am always willing to stop for a roadside attraction. Not to mention virtuals and earthcaches. Anyway, I have been trying to get my wife interested in a trip to Alliance, Nebraska, to see Carhenge but we have never found ourselves close enough to visit.

Maybe to make it a little more on topic you could ask about geocaching in each state. Or completing the Cache across America series. This seems like it would give you a lot to do wherever you might be. I could spend weeks in places like the Olympic Peninsula, Yellowstone, Mesa Verde, or Zion. But if you fall short on time you could find out more about the guy who went to each state in one week.

Edited by mulvaney

I want to find one geocache in every state... But I can't think of something to do in every state to be honest.

Are you kidding, there isn't a state in the union that I can't think of at least a months worth of things to do. A lot of states could take me a year each to do all the things I can find to do.

Ok, maybe I could blow through everything in Rhode Island in a week or two or three but the rest... :P

But then I have a rather wide view of what I find to be interesting things to do!!

Maybe another tactic for you would be to tell us what you find to be interesting, then we can suggest where to find it in each state.

I grew up in Ohio, so I'll tackle that one. If you like roller coasters, Cedar Point in Sandusky is a MUST DO before you die. Check out Lake Erie--the Great Lakes tend to be taken for granted by residents. Take a beautiful drive through Amish Country--eat some cheese, buy some beautiful but pricey hand-crafted furniture. Bring a bike and check out all the rail trails--you can ride for MILES on a trail in some parts of the state. Bring a canoe, and spend a day floating down a river. Ohio has some great meandering, slow rivers that don't require any actual canoeing talent. Check out the history of the Ohio-Erie Canal; I know of one place where you can take an old-fashioned canal boat ride. Check out the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! (Can't believe I almost forgot those!) Just turn off your GPS, and start driving along all the various state routes. (It still throws me off in other states that I can't just get off the highway and take a different route; in Ohio there's ALWAYS a different route!) There's all kinds of Native American historical stuff. Of course there's other stuff, but I'm trying to focus on what is semi-unique to Ohio.

I want to find one geocache in every state... But I can't think of something to do in every state to be honest. So I'm creating a public list of where to go on your geocaching trip out of state, and I want you to help me think of things.

* Rhode Island

Visit the summer "cottages" of the rich and powerful of 19th Century New York. They have been seen in several movies, including True Lies and The Great Gatsby.

I was absolutely convinced I would not find any thing to do in North Dakota... road trip alone was worth it. Not much to stop and see but driving through wasn't half bad. They have Salem Sue there which is a total must see.

From Minnesota here. You have the boundary waters at the northern border of the state, myriad of lakes and resorts in the northern part, lake superior, and the twin cities in the southern part.

Got the badlands in South Dakota too.

Wyoming has Yellowstone and Grand Teton among other cool stuff that I discovered geocaching.

Montana has a national park as well and an array of toys to visit and historical places.

Michigan has the Upper Peninsula which has some pretty stuff in it

Wisconsin has Wisconsin Dells.

Any state bordering a great lake has some scenery to look at at some point.

I don't know. My last vacation I enjoyed the journey a lot more than the destination. I found stuff to look at based on geocaches through the states. You should give that a whirl. I know I found some very cool stuff like that.

* New York: New york city, including the empire state building and the statue of liberty.

For New York, there's also Adirondack Park, The Finger Lakes area (where I live), the St. Lawrence Seaway (including the 1000 islands area), Niagara Falls, etc. Lots of things to do, especially for geocachers outside of NYC.

I'll do Kansas. Here is a tourism site with too many links to mention.

Most people think Kansas is boring. If you do a little digging you'll find that we have been instrumental in several National policies and there have been a lot of famous people that were born or grew up here which are historical sites that you can visit. PLUS we have the "The Wizard of Oz" museum :P . If you like seeing the countryside we have 10 scenic byways which a few are listed on the National Scenic Byway registry.

Ok, maybe I could blow through everything in Rhode Island in a week or two or three

BBWolf beat me to the punch, but I continue to be amazed at just how much there is to see and do in our tiny state, and geocaching has shown it to me. There is LOTS to do here, and there are a ridiculous number of caches available to boot.

My girlfriend and I now go on geocaching-specific vacations to explore new places, and we ALWAYS discover things we never would have expected. We basically just pick a spot on the map with no smileys and go there. Geocaching is the best tour guide you could ever want.

Ok, maybe I could blow through everything in Rhode Island in a week or two or three

BBWolf beat me to the punch, but I continue to be amazed at just how much there is to see and do in our tiny state, and geocaching has shown it to me. There is LOTS to do here, and there are a ridiculous number of caches available to boot.

My girlfriend and I now go on geocaching-specific vacations to explore new places, and we ALWAYS discover things we never would have expected. We basically just pick a spot on the map with no smileys and go there. Geocaching is the best tour guide you could ever want.

Amen!

New York has a whole lot more than just that big city in the south east corner. We have Niagara falls. Once you get tiered of watching Lake Erie spill over the Niagara Escarpment go for a hike down in the gorge. Then get out of town and follow the Niagara Wine Trail. The unique micro climate between the escarpment and Lake Ontario makes for some great grapes. Head south from there and enjoy some of the great views and history along the Lake Erie shoreline. When you hit the PA line turn east and check out Allegany State Park, home of the ASP Geobash. Or check out the raw power of the Genesee River in Rochester. Head south from there and find yourself in the scenic Finger Lakes Region. More wineries and lots of great hiking. While there stop in at Letchworth State Park for the Letchworth Fall Gathering IX geoevent. If you are in to Nascar there is the track in Watkin's Glenn. If watching cars chase each other around the track check out the great hiking in the area. Back to the north you have the Adirondack region. Over 6,000,000 acres making it the largest natural wilderness region in the eastern United States. (stole that one right off the website) If you find yourself in Messena you are in the perfect place to start the Seaway Trail Geotrail. Follow it through a large assortment of historic and scenic locations all the way to Erie, PA. From there head east on the Southern Tier Expressway and find your way to the Central Leatherstocking region. There you can find American history going back to the earliest days of European colonization and beyond into that of the Native culture. You can follow that history to the capitol region(nothing good ever happens there) and then down through the Hudson region into the region of that hotbed of world culture the NY City subway.

I was absolutely convinced I would not find any thing to do in North Dakota...

I'm still convinced! :P

North Dakota is the only state I've never been in. I've made several cross country drives, and driven across southern Canada east to west, but never could find a reason to detour up or down to ND. Watching the movie "Fargo" did not change my mind.

So as to stay on target: If you go to Hawaii let me know and I'll guide you to a large, dense bamboo forest with an unmarked trail through it. The sound when the wind blows through it is amazing!

Here's an idea - just look at the back of each of the State Quarters and do a cache at each of the represented items. And for those that have just the state outline or a generic item, then go to the State Capitol.

Looks from your list that you like history of some kind. Every state has a historic element of some kind. Surprised you couldn't come up with something for one of your neighboring states - Virgina. Seems I remember that something in history happened there.

Here's an idea - just look at the back of each of the State Quarters and do a cache at each of the represented items. And for those that have just the state outline or a generic item, then go to the State Capitol.

Looks from your list that you like history of some kind. Every state has a historic element of some kind. Surprised you couldn't come up with something for one of your neighboring states - Virgina. Seems I remember that something in history happened there.

:P What part of

...nothing good ever happens there...
don't you understand? :angry:

FLORIDA: Dry Tortugas National Park.

http://www.yankeefreedom.com/national-park-photos.htm#a

It is 75 miles out to sea past Key West, readily accessible by ferry boats and seaplanes.

Last year, we camped 4 days on the island and snorkeled every day!

There is even a VIRTUAL here!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...91-62c43f9e4876

Edited by michigansnorkelers

EDIT: This won't work well considering the edit feature only works for like 2 hours.

You could ascend the highest point of every state in the USA. While some states, like Alaska, Washington, and Montana, require specialized equipment and mountaineering skill to reach the highest summit, most state highpoints can be ascended by most people without extraordinary effort. You can ascend the highest point of approximately half of the states of the USA within a mile of parking your car. For more information about state highpointing, consult the Highpointers Club or America's Roof.

For example, this weekend you could consider a short trip to the highest point of Delaware, Ebright Azimuth. It is located about 44.7 miles from Tour De Parking Lot, according to this map.

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer) :P

You can go to Oklahoma, stand in front of my Ex's house and flip her off for hours at a time. :P

Seriously though, OK city is nice, Tulsa is nice and one of the most fun cities I have ever lived in.

Museums:

Gilcrease Museum - The Museum of the Americas - Tulsa

National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum - OKC

Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame - Tulsa

Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum

But my personal favorite is...

Cavanal Hill, located near Poteau, Oklahoma, is billed as the tallest hill in the world.

It evens has its own cache.

Awesome, I know right up there with Everest.

I want to find one geocache in every state... But I can't think of something to do in every state to be honest.

Are you kidding, there isn't a state in the union that I can't think of at least a months worth of things to do. A lot of states could take me a year each to do all the things I can find to do.

Ok, maybe I could blow through everything in Rhode Island in a week or two or three but the rest... :P

But then I have a rather wide view of what I find to be interesting things to do!!

Maybe another tactic for you would be to tell us what you find to be interesting, then we can suggest where to find it in each state.

i so agree with this post.

i am pretty open minded and can find things to do wherever i am at.

if you are into historical places, caves, diving, 4wheeling or whatever it is you like to do i am sure you can find someplace in everystate to enjoy.

i have recently moved back to IA. spent 18yrs in NW MN. before that i was in SF bay area and before that i was in IA.

always been able to find things to do.

things around Boone, IA where i grew up at. trains are big there. Kate Shelley High Bridge, one of the highest dbl track bridges in the US, there is a museum in Moingona for Kate, there are caches near where the old bridge was at. She flagged a train down to stop if from going into the river where the swollen creek washed the bridge out. this was late 1890's. near this location is where the high bridge was constructed. later renamed Kate Shelley High Bridge. recently they built a new bridge as the old one was causing delays in trains due to slow speeds across it. in Boone there is the Boone and Scenic Valley Train. they use steam and diesel to take passengers along old rail. Ledges State Park just south of Boone. The Dragoon Trail runs through Boone County. when the land that is now IA was first obtained scouts were sent out to let ppl know this. they traveled along the Dragoon Trail. i believe this was 1835ish. Pufferbilly Days in sept in Boone to celebrate its train heritage. Boone Speedway home of the IMCA Nationals.

there are many wineries across the state.

there are many old rail beds that are now used for rec trails. some are hard surface(tar or crushed limestone) some are grass or similar. miles and miles of these trails and more in the works.

on the west border is the Missouri River and on the east is the Mississippi River (land between two rivers) i havent been tow watch yet but you can watch the barges on the river.

Grant Wood is a famous painter youlikely have seen one of is works. American Gothic (GCAA61) there is a virtual at the home where he did the painting. in Cedar Rapids area is the Grant Woods Nature Trail as well as several other things dedicated to or in his name. there is also another area nearby that was used in one of his paintings. and yes there is a cache there (GC1HVNJ). there are several earth caches nearby as well. nothing like the grand canyon, but still interesting and for us in the midwest they are still interesting and help explain things about history of the land.

living in NW MN (Thief River Falls to be exact) i also saw alot of things up there. if you are into atv's or snowmobiles you can play alot up there on those. lots of trails. you can also tour Arctic Cat (TRF) or Polaris (Roseau) in NW MN. Marvin Windows is also up there (Warroad).

wanna fish? plenty of that in Northern MN. Lake of the Woods (can go out and see nothing but water, ice thick enough in the winter to pull a trailer house out on and fish through the floor), Rainy River (known for its walleye run when the ice breaks), Winnibigosh and little Winny are known for some big fish with Muskies being one of the popular fish ppl come for, but they are elusive known as the fish of 10,000 casts. there are many many great state parks across the state as well as national parks as well. wanna take a drive then get on one of the many byways across the state. head toward Duluth and see the big ships on Lake Superior. while there might was well check out Glensheen Mansion in Duluth and go up the North Shore to Split Rock Lighthouse, Gooseberry falls, and many other areas along the north shore as well.

Can stop in many places in Northern MN and see statues of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox, with Bemidji proudly having one of the most often visited ones. you can also take in the twin cities and all it has to offer if you want city things. take in a twins game at the new Target stadium go to the mall of america go to six flags park. while in Bemidji you may as well make the drive to the Mississippi Headwaters (GC1D5M1)

as for North Dakota.....yes there are things do to there and the state is not all flat. though i thought that til about 4yrs ago. we went to Devils Lake for Devil's Run car show. this is a lake that has been growing and growing and growing due to flooding for years now. walleye fishing is fantastic when the ice breaks in the spring. the car show i mentioned has 1100 plus cars in the middle of nowhere each june. with many sites around town to check out garage tours of ppls car things. nearby is Fort Totten and they have renovated it into a 4 star hotel. nice place to take in some history. Sully's Hill is a wild game preserve and that is what made us change our minds on ND being flat. what a hike to the top of the one hill and the view was WOW!. we got to see Bison and other wild game as well as prairie dogs all in their natural surroundings. the border of MN and ND is The Red River of the North. it flows North to the Canadian Province of Manitoba. it seems every year this river floods, you mayb have heard about it in the news now and again the earth cache located there (GC1RJ14)

South Dakota has of course the badlands, Wall Drug and The Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD.

i am sure there are many other things, but this all is off the top of my head so to speak.

now depending on what you consider enjoyable is what ppl can point out to you that are locals to an area.

Monty

Coldgears,

In '08 I drove to Chicago and then followed Route 66 to LA. It was a lot of fun and there's books and web sites on how to follow the old alignments that list many attractions along the way.

Then you could drive from LA to San Francisco and take Old Lincoln Highway back east. It's not as well documented as 66 but it goes right by where you live!

Also, check www.roadsideamerica.com for lots of wacky stuff in each state. They have an iPhone app, too.

Regarding N. Dakota: I just drove through the state via US Route 2 last month on my way to the left coast. In Rugby, there is a monument that marks the geographical center of North America, so that's at least one thing to see. I also went through when the sunflowers were blooming at the sunflower farms. There were acres and acres of giant sunflowers which were very cool to see.

GOF, you completely glossed over one of NY's biggest contributions to US history & the expansion of the nation - the Erie Canal!

Salt Potatoes in Syracuse! The birthplace of General Electric in Schenectady! Heck, just wander around Mt. Hope Cemetery in Rochester & Vale Cemetery in Schenectady for to visit historical figures for hours upon hours (and not just local figures - people who were on the national & international stages).

Also, Watkins Glen is far more than NASCAR. And if you're not into racing, the state park is pretty cool there.

GOF, you completely glossed over one of NY's biggest contributions to US history & the expansion of the nation - the Erie Canal!

Salt Potatoes in Syracuse! The birthplace of General Electric in Schenectady! Heck, just wander around Mt. Hope Cemetery in Rochester & Vale Cemetery in Schenectady for to visit historical figures for hours upon hours (and not just local figures - people who were on the national & international stages).

Also, Watkins Glen is far more than NASCAR. And if you're not into racing, the state park is pretty cool there.

GOF also missed Cooperstown, the location of the Baseball Hall of Fame and just an all around nice place to visit. I'd also add the Catskills region, and the little town of Roscoe, the birth place of dry fly flyfishing.

- Gaspee Days celebrating the first act of aggression against the British leading up to the American Revolution (the sinking of the HMS Gaspee)

- Visit beautiful Newport

- Visit the miles of beaches

- Visit the site of the largest land battle of the American Revolution in New England

- Visit the Blackstone Valley, birthpace of the Industrial Revolution in America

- Hike the North South Trail

- Eat some clam cakes and johnny cakes

- Visit Touro Synagogue, oldest synagogue in America

- See numerous light houses

Need any more suggestions?

My apologies to all of the Rhode Island folks....I was being slightly sarcastic about being able to find all there was to do in Rhode Island in two or three weeks. It was in reference to the states size as compared to the rest of the states. Apparently my sense of sarcasm doesn't come across well in print.

I spent 15 years living in the US and twenty years before that of travelling stateside as often as I could and I have never, ever run out of things to see and do no matter where I was.

I just thought it absurd that it even needed to be asked 'Is there even something to do in every state'

BTW, I can't wait to be able to retire and spend six months a year exploring the US and the other six months exploring Canada. I won't live long enough to see everything there is to see!!

At risk of starting an off-topic flamewar, you might consider browsing some Waymarking categories. Choose a category, then use the search to filter by state. Then when you find something you want to visit, the nearest geocaches are a click away.

A hint of what you are interested in would be helpful. Do you like museums, theaters, outdoors, beaches, climbing, fishing, amusement parks?

Edited by Dinoprophet

I was absolutely convinced I would not find any thing to do in North Dakota... road trip alone was worth it. Not much to stop and see but driving through wasn't half bad. They have Salem Sue there which is a total must see.

I will speak for North Dakota. Because really, who else will? :P You have the Geographical Center of North America, in Rugby, North Dakota, and there's a cool monument and museum. Then 25 miles or so North of it, is the International Peace Gardens Straddling the N.D./Manitoba International Border, which has a virtual. And of course then find caches in Manitoba.

And Lookee here, the featured story on Yahoo.com today. North Dakota's slow-growing monster lake

Edited by Mr.Yuck

Tennessee: Drive through to get to some other state.

There's more to do in middle Tennessee than the southern half of Alabama and the southern half of Mississippi combined. If you're not taking advantage of the incredible park system, greenways, museums (science, art, and history), historical sites, aquariums and natural wonders then it's your own fault. You're raising a family in a fantastic area to do so.

There's more to do in middle Tennessee than the southern half of Alabama and the southern half of Mississippi combined. If you're not taking advantage of the incredible park system, greenways, museums (science, art, and history), historical sites, aquariums and natural wonders then it's your own fault. You're raising a family in a fantastic area to do so.

Catch a sense of humor.

Catch a sense of humor.

Don't quit your day job.

Catch a sense of humor.

Yes, because we all know the vast majority of those 19,000 posts exhibit your sense of humor. :P

New Jersey: I'd say visiting the Highlands region would be better than a shore visit. Unless you like traffic and thousands upon thousands of people laying blanket to blanket on the beach. Also The Great Falls, Morristiown National Historic Park, The Palisades, Camden with the battleship New Jersey and the state aquarium.

Vermont: Lye Brook Falls, 100 mile view, Mount Mansfield, fall foliage, skiing, Bennington battlefield and a visit to old Bennington.

Maine: Allagash Wilderness Waterway, Acadia Natnl Park, Mt Katahdin and Kinfe Edge, Bar Harbor

New York: Manhattan, Adirondack wilderness, Hudson Valley wineries, Catskill Mountains, Finger Lakes, Niagara Falls, Cooperstown and Baseball Hall of Fame

Mass: Mt Greylock, old Boston, Cape Cod, Marthas Vineyard, Nantucket, Basketball Hall of Fame, the Berkshires, USS Constitution

Connecticut: Mystic Seaport, Norwalk aquarium

Rhode Island: Providence, Newport, Blackstone River Valley Heritage Trail

New Hampshire: Mt Mondanack, the Presidential Range incl. Mt Washington, Silver Cascade waterfall

Edited by briansnat

North Carolina: Outer Banks, Grandfather Mountain, Mount Mitchell

Arkansas: Hot Springs National Park

New Mexico: Carlsbad Caverns

Colorado: Pikes Peak, Great Sand Dunes NP

Utah: Zion, Bryce Canyon

Virginia: Mount Rogers

Texas: Alamo

California: Yosemite, Lassen Volcano NP, Lake Tahoe

I dunno whatever you're into. I'm more of an outdoor person, and yet work in a cube - go figure.

I could think of TONS of things to do in every state!! I'll help out with Oregon though. At the very least, Crater Lake; especially the boat ride. It's really something else!

And heck, isn't caching something to do in every state? :anicute:

If you were at Crater lake yesterday, you could have seen the helicopter retrieving parts of the car that rolled out of a parking lot, and crashed into the lake. The dog that was inside was ejected, and is OK.

Tennessee:

You've got TONS of nice parks and great scenic areas all over the state.

The Smoky Mountains at Gatlinburg can keep you busy for a long time, then you have Memphis where you can visit Elvis Presley's home. And of course you have Music City

plus...

Chatanooga Choo-Choo

Chatanooga aquarium

Bristol Raceway (if you like NASCAR)

Dollywood

I could think of TONS of things to do in every state!! I'll help out with Oregon though. At the very least, Crater Lake; especially the boat ride. It's really something else!

And heck, isn't caching something to do in every state? :anicute:

If you were at Crater lake yesterday, you could have seen the helicopter retrieving parts of the car that rolled out of a parking lot, and crashed into the lake. The dog that was inside was ejected, and is OK.

I did hear about that on the news. :) I'm so glad the dog was okay. That's going to be an interesting one to explain to the insurance company.

Oh man, you are not sure what to do in Washington?

Groundspeak Headquarters! Project Ape Cache! Plus, go to Vancouver. You will be glad you did.

Georgia, go to Stone Mountain. Several caches there and a fun hike up. The N. GA mountains are very nice, though not the Rockies. Helen is the jump off point. Any area near there is fantastic. In the south go to the Okefenokee Swamp area for that cache.

Tennessee, Smokey Mountains and Mt. LeConte Lodge overnight stay. Get reservations early. You must hike in, best food ever, plus you can do my virtual cache at the top. sbell111 will let you stay at his house too. I can give you his address. :):anicute:

Utah, Arches National Park and Canyonlands and Dead Horse Point State Park. Have plenty of room on your camera's SD card. You will need it.

New Mexico, White Sands. Awesome.

Nevada, Red Rocks just west of Vegas. Awesome.

Tennessee, Smokey Mountains and Mt. LeConte Lodge overnight stay. Get reservations early. You must hike in, best food ever, plus you can do my virtual cache at the top. sbell111 will let you stay at his house too. I can give you his address. :):anicute:
I'd be happy to if I could. Unfortunately, we have company that weekend so there's no room at the inn. Rain check.
My apologies to all of the Rhode Island folks....I was being slightly sarcastic about being able to find all there was to do in Rhode Island in two or three weeks. It was in reference to the states size as compared to the rest of the states. Apparently my sense of sarcasm doesn't come across well in print.

For being as tiny as it is, RI is my favorite "away" place to cache. If someone says, "Let's go somewhere away from home and cache," (or even just hang out for the day) RI is the first thought that comes to mind. There are so many wonderful things to see and do that we always come away wishing we had more time.

We'll usually do a mix of caching, sightseeing (usually a cache is closeby) and then hanging out and relaxing at one of the "open air" restaurants overlooking one of the harbors at the end of the day. Great times for sure.

Oh, and for it's small size, it is actually be pretty big. Depending on where you are, it can be quite a long drive (up into MA and then back into RI) to grab some of the required grids for the DeLorme challenge. We drove for what seemed like hours, and we were still in RI. :anicute:

Editing to add that CT has some fun stuff too since it's where I live. The home of the USS Nautilus, the first nuclear submarine, the Thimble Islands, varying sized private islands, mostly made of granite, that are very fun to kayak past or take a tour boat around. Old Wethersfield, home to many historic buildings and events, such as where George Washington gathered the troops for the battle of Yorktown and historic houses dating back to the 1600s. Tons of fun things to do here too.

For MA, there's Plymouth, with Plymouth rock and some amazing history there. Some great cemeteries to visit in the area. NH, the White Mountains. Absolutely gorgeous with lots of mountain streams & rivers to swim in. VT, the Green Mountains. Beautiful as well.

Edited by Skippermark
Tennessee, Smokey Mountains and Mt. LeConte Lodge overnight stay. Get reservations early. You must hike in, best food ever, plus you can do my virtual cache at the top. sbell111 will let you stay at his house too. I can give you his address. :D:(
I'd be happy to if I could. Unfortunately, we have company that weekend so there's no room at the inn. Rain check.

Dangit. I was coming too.

Oh man, you are not sure what to do in Washington?

Groundspeak Headquarters! Project Ape Cache! Plus, go to Vancouver. You will be glad you did.

I am assuming you mean Vancouver B.C and not Vancouver, WA. I work in the Couv and don't know of anything worth coming to here for. :anicute:

The bridge to Portland! :)

Going to BC gives you a Canukian Province. Great bonus.