Only Connect

Sharpeset

Oof! That quiz was nigh on impossible!

I think they did pretty well actually (I did get a couple they were stuck on, like beaver scouts and the Glasto stages, but I bet I wouldn’t have under the pressure of being on TV which famously gives you brain freeze)

They were only showed up because they were playing against superhumans on the other team – how the music dudes got some of their answers I have no idea, waaaay out of my league. And I thought I was good at quizzes and general knowledge!

Sarah Bain, Lisa Grant and Andy Bain (caching names unknown) took part in the quiz show, shown on BBC4 at 8.30 last Monday (27th September).

Here's an iPlayer link for anyone in the UK - It's live til 7:59pm Mon, 20 Dec 2010, according to the page.

I won't ruin the outcome for anyone...

(If a passing mod could change the title from Qizz to Quiz, that would be appreciated :laughing:)

Edited by Simply Paul

Bit of detective work by a fellow cacher has revealed the TRUE ID's of the cachers ...

They are Peter and Sarah Bain who cache as Dextrus Offspring.

Lisa is Brackens Bunch. They are from Hampshire.

The "fellow cacher" was bold as brass and messaged them through Facebook to ask what their caching names are!!!!

Edited by HazelS

Bit of detective work by a fellow cacher has revealed the TRUE ID's of the cachers ...

The "fellow cacher" was bold as brass and messaged them through Facebook to ask what their caching names are!!!!

I thought it was a Sarah and Andy

Oof! That quiz was nigh on impossible!

I think they did pretty well actually (I did get a couple they were stuck on, like beaver scouts and the Glasto stages, but I bet I wouldn’t have under the pressure of being on TV which famously gives you brain freeze)

They were only showed up because they were playing against superhumans on the other team – how the music dudes got some of their answers I have no idea, waaaay out of my league. And I thought I was good at quizzes and general knowledge!

They did OK, no shame, fair play to them. I'm always impressed by people who put themselves on TV quizzes, it must be terrifying. I don't think the other team did do that much better, certainly not superhuman, they all made a right mess of the first round. Geocachers did better on the wall, but made some little mistakes on the missing vowels...

I now know why so few of you do my puzzle caches.

I started a puzzle cache based on Only Connect a while back... but came to the same conclusion. :ph34r:

Just looked at the profile of Dextrus Offspring. Not exactly active geocachers ....

Mmm, this may be a little late as I have only just seen this thread. Thought I would address some of the issues raised! Yes, we all do much better when we are snugly at home with no pressure. Please bear in mind that more than 500 teams applied to be on the show and we had to pass tests and auditions to get there, so we are far from stupid, just unlucky on the day. As far as the name goes, it was not our choice as we felt it was very tentative, but all our other suggestions were rebuffed, so we had to go with it. "A bloke, his wife and a mate" just doesn't have the same ring does it??

We had a great time filming the show, despite our performance, and if you are at home and getting the answers, put yourself forward! The worst that will happen is that you will look as dim as we did!!

Edited by Bracken's Bunch

Yes, we all do much better when we are snugly at home with no pressure.

As I said before, well done for having a go! I am fairly good at "popmaster" on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 in a morning, and often been told "you should go on"............not on your nellie...........the simplest answers are harder to recall under pressure!

those poor GC'ers were probably hoping this thread would disappear into forum obscurity.

I take it that you have experience of appearing before the cameras on a quiz programme. If not perhaps you should put your money where your mouse is before sla**ing them off.

those poor GC'ers were probably hoping this thread would disappear into forum obscurity.

I take it that you have experience of appearing before the cameras on a quiz programme. If not perhaps you should put your money where your mouse is before sla**ing them off.

A bit of an overreaction there. Looks to me like light hearted banter.

Anyway, back to the topic. It probably is time for this one to die as the programme was a few weeks ago, the identities of the cachers are now known and unfortunately they lost. Let's leave it at that.