premiun membership trial

danidala

Hi,

i'm new to geocaching and don't have a real GPS device. Instead i use a smartphone with GPS (the SE Vivaz pro to be precise). I've installed Geocaching Live (the best things in live are free!).

When starting up Live and asking to find nearby caches I get 2 questions:

1. did I log-on recently to geocaching.com (yes), or did I change my password (no)? The phone doesn't seem to get contact... (GPS and 3G network functioning)

2. do I want to try a 10 day free trial premium membership (yes)? But then I get the questions under 1. again.

My questions are:

- what could be the problem logging on mobile?

- does there exist a 10 day trial. I read different opinions on this forum.

I really want to try first (does geocaching work with a mobile phone?) before becoming a permanent member...

Any help much appreciated :P

Danidala

Edited by danidala

One problem with signing in, is having a 'special character' in your password...

If it's not Alpha and/or numeric, certain parts of the site struggle.

Try changing your password on a computer, then try signing in on the phone.

i just use letters and numbers, so alpha-numeric, no special characters.

should I still try to change my password?

After trying three or four free Apps I decided sometimes you get what you pay for. I bit the bullet and paid the ten bucks for the Android App called "Geocaching" that was engineered by Geocaching and has the Geocaching logo on the icon.

It works great, much better than the free Apps. When I think I have a problem with the Android Geocaching App it turns out I hadn't found a feature yet, or my brain has failed to remember where the button to access the feature is.

After trying three or four free Apps I decided sometimes you get what you pay for. I bit the bullet and paid the ten bucks for the Android App called "Geocaching" that was engineered by Geocaching and has the Geocaching logo on the icon.

It works great, much better than the free Apps. When I think I have a problem with the Android Geocaching App it turns out I hadn't found a feature yet, or my brain has failed to remember where the button to access the feature is.

thanks for your suggestion

unfortunately the Vivaz runs on Symbian S60v5 :P

do you know of a great paid app for this OS?