What are "friends"

Vagabonds198

All you get by adding someone to your Friends pages is a a box containing:

Their name with a direct link to their profile page

Title: PM or whatever

Their Finds total

Quick link to email them

Quick link to remove them from your Friends (Oh, the shame! The horror of it!)

You're not sharing any more details than you would be able to see from your profiles.

MrsB

So.....basically everything that is on the profiles page is public info?

The caches I have found/not found/placed, trackables picked up/dropped off, type of membership I have, when I joined,

These things are publicly viewable without being a friend (You can see them with just a regular account)

what GPS unit(s) I own, my home coordinates,

G

These you can't see even as a friend. The only difference is that it tells you what city you are in. Which is obvious to figure out just by looking at your last found cache. All the friend system does is organize people you like geocaching with.

Before opening up my account to "friends" I would like to see exactly what we will be exposing to each other.

Thanks

What's a little herpes between friends?

Sorry, it had to be done. :):laughing:

You're not sharing anything that anyone can't already see, it's basically just a quick link to their page.

The caches I have found/not found/placed, trackables picked up/dropped off, type of membership I have, when I joined, what GPS unit(s) I own, my home coordinates, etc, etc.

Is that right?

G

No one can see your 'not founds' or 'DNF' logs.

Those are your secret to keep :laughing:

And as MrsB says, no one can see your home coordinates.

And we have no way of knowing what you had for breakfast this morning. Unless you care to tell us :)

The caches I have found/not found/placed, trackables picked up/dropped off, type of membership I have, when I joined, what GPS unit(s) I own, my home coordinates, etc, etc.

Is that right?

It's more limited than that, and all the info is already part of your public profile. Only you can see your Friends page; it's really just a quick way to organize your friends and quickly see some basic info, like their cache count and last time online. The email and profile links are handy, too.

Here's an example from my Friends page, in case it helps. Again, all the info is already part of your public profile, so nothing new is being 'exposed' on a Friends page.

eb9e2e96-9305-4ec5-9082-d3167d19c099.jpg

Edited by hydnsek