Most countries cached in.... Not all at once though!

HazelS

I was fiddling about with some stats the other day, and wondered which cacher has cached in the most countries?

I wonder cos I know my parents have cached in 15 countries and are (fingers crossed) about to do another 3... They are by no means prolific cachers, but love to cache when on holiday!!

So - does anyone have any numbers to throw into the pot?

Technically 4, practically 3.

UK, US, Canada. I also did one of those "Over the Pole" caches so in all my profile queries New Zealand shows up even though I've never been there.

3! UK (England + Scotland), Spain & India....

Hoping to get one in Germany soon......

Chalky

According to my profile i did one in germany even though we dont even have a passport!

Ok it was the virtual "four windows" cache.

Other than that i have done a few in Wales, managed to sneak over the border without being noticed ;) But might have to get a passport for the next visit ... to the mega

Nick & Ali seem to be doing a good job of colouring their geocaching world red - just look at the map on their profile. :D

MrsB

29 at the minute. We try to get as far away from work as possible when we're on holiday ;)

Ali wants to go to South America next. I want to go to Russia as it gives us the biggest bit of red, but as we're still paying for the last holiday, it won't be for a while!

The biggest bit of red :D love it ;)

We’ve only coloured in 3 countries so far, UK, Eire and Canada.

Annoyingly we did go to Florida last year on holiday but we were so busy hitting the theme parks, it didn’t occur to any of us to go looking for caches, in fact we didn’t even pack the GPS – bad geocachers!! I’ve got a bit more interested in the stats thing since then and I’m now kicking myself we didn’t find just one at least to colour in that huge bit of map!

31 for me- from GSAK with find numbers:

United Kingdom 1578,

United States:72,

Germany:19,

Czech Republic:11,

France:10,

Spain:9,

Sweden:9,

Greece:8,

Japan:8,

Russia:6,

Switzerland:6,

Cyprus:5,

Italy:5,

Poland:5,

Belgium:4,

Canada:3,

Austria:2,

Latvia:2,

Mauritius:2,

Netherlands:2,

Trinidad and Tobago:2,

Ukraine:2,

China:1,

Egypt:1,

Finland:1,

Hungary:1,

India:1,

Romania:1,

Slovakia:1,

Turkey:1,

United Arab Emirates:1

If I'm very lucky it will be 34 in week or so but Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Syria are going to prove a bit of a challenge in getting near to a cache as GPSrs are banned in Syria I believe, so I may need someone to organise a campaign with the Foreign Office if get caught.

Edited by Pieman

I've been lucky enough to get that massive patch of red with just one find in Russia in May (St Petersburg, which only has about 6, but I didn't get any other opportunity to find others).

Ditto in getting another massive patch of red in Greenland about 2 weeks ago (1 chance, 1 cache, etc.).

So in 19 months:

Scotland

England

France

Switzerland

Germany

The Netherlands

Russia

Norway

Spitsbergen (officially Norway, but it carries its own little patch of red which you don't get if you haven't cached there)

Greenland

Iceland

Argentina

(Tried and failed in Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica, but that's because where I went there weren't caches, other than South Georgia where the GPS just wouldn't get a fix, and someone subsequently told me a photo of mine had a rock behind which the cache had been - arggggh!)

It's a start, and lots of red, so I'm happy enough.

Funny how there's a little part of me that wants to go visit countries I haven't cached in though...

;)

The biggest bit of red :) love it :anicute:

We've only coloured in 3 countries so far, UK, Eire and Canada.

Annoyingly we did go to Florida last year on holiday but we were so busy hitting the theme parks, it didn't occur to any of us to go looking for caches, in fact we didn't even pack the GPS – bad geocachers!! I've got a bit more interested in the stats thing since then and I'm now kicking myself we didn't find just one at least to colour in that huge bit of map!

We found almost all the virtuals in the parks on our first visit, although I came across a virtual in Busch Gardens after getting home so still have one to do. On our second trip I started on the Waymarks but got bored with them.

Back to the original thread:

Just 4 for us, UK, USA, Eire and the Isle of Man.

Depends on what counts... according to GSAK we have

Andorra 4

Antarctica 1

Australia 1 + (5)

Belgium 57

Canada 2 +(6)

China (2)

Denmark 1

England 3K+

Finland (2)

France 51

Germany 6

Greece 32

Iceland 17

Italy 41

Luxemburg 1

Monaco 4

Netherlands 35

Portugal (1)

Scotland 87

Spain 1

Sweden (3)

Switzerland 1

Turkey (1)

USA 1 + (97)

Vatican City 2

Wales 59

Wirral 17

but it's not about the numbers... ;)

Cheers MaxKim.

I was surprised to find that GSAK listed Jersey as a "country". I could understand the Channel Islands but are the islands all listed separately? Also, is the Isle of Man listed as a separate "country"? Like the Channel Islands it does have its own Parliament.

Vatican City 2

Wales 59

Wirral 17

but it's not about the numbers...

Cheers MaxKim.

I was surprised to find that GSAK listed Jersey as a "country". I could understand the Channel Islands but are the islands all listed separately? Also, is the Isle of Man listed as a separate "country"? Like the Channel Islands it does have its own Parliament.

Ahh... but does the Wirral? ;):D

Groundspeak's countries are Geocaching Administration regions, and not legally recognised Countries [that is Countries recognised by the UN]. In the same way the UK Geocaching Regions are strictly Geocaching Administration Regions only. I believe that the IoM and Channel Islands are Crown Dependencies, Gibraltar [also listed by Groundspeak as a Country :rolleyes: ] which is a British Overseas Territory, are all self Governing.

Oh and being totally pedantic :blink: and not including The Wirral which has never been a country [but does wish it was part of Cheshire ;) (sorry Hazel :D ) the list is wrong on another location :blink:

Wales is not, and has not ever been a Country :huh: . It's a Principality and proud of it B) . The down side to that is we got a Assembly with restricted legal powers, and not a Parliament :sad: [though that might change after the referendum on Devolution hopefully gives a majority yes vote ;) ]

End of pedantic post :D:D

Deci

Full Disclosure :huh: I live in Wales :D and will of course be voting Yes for full devolution :rolleyes:

Groundspeak's countries are Geocaching Administration regions, and not legally recognised Countries [that is Countries recognised by the UN]. In the same way the UK Geocaching Regions are strictly Geocaching Administration Regions only. I believe that the IoM and Channel Islands are Crown Dependencies, Gibraltar [also listed by Groundspeak as a Country B) ] which is a British Overseas Territory, are all self Governing.

Thanks, Deci, for the "explanation"! :D

I wasn't suggesting, or not suggesting, that Jersey was or wasn't a country (hence the "quotes") but expressing surprise that my finds in Jersey weren't listed as the Channel Islands. I was hoping that someone who had found caches on Alderney, Sark, etc could tell me how their finds are listed by GSAK.

I was also interested in the Isle of Man's "Groundspeak status" being part of the British Isles but not the UK, or the EU!! :D Who's being pedantic now!!! ;)

Edited by Phil100

:blink:

Wales is not, and has not ever been a Country :D . It's a Principality and proud of it ;) . The down side to that is we got a Assembly with restricted legal powers, and not a Parliament :blink: [though that might change after the referendum on Devolution hopefully gives a majority yes vote :rolleyes: ]

End of pedantic post :DB)

Deci

Full Disclosure :rolleyes: I live in Wales :D and will of course be voting Yes for full devolution :D

I work in Wales and live in England- can I vote yes too? :huh:

Full Disclosure :D I live in Wales :D and will of course be voting Yes for full devolution B)

You never know us English may beat you to it, if it's offered to us! ;):D

I wasn't suggesting, or not suggesting, that Jersey was or wasn't a country (hence the "quotes") but expressing surprise that my finds in Jersey weren't listed as the Channel Islands. I was hoping that someone who had found caches on Alderney, Sark, etc could tell me how their finds are listed by GSAK.
The Bailiwick of Jersey, which includes the main island and various small off-islands are listed as Jersey. The Bailiwick of Guernsey includes Herm, Sark and Alderney as well as a few small islands and Guernsey itself - All are Guernsey on GC.com. It's not a part of the UK, but it, like The Isle of Man, is one of the British Isles.
The Bailiwick of Jersey, which includes the main island and various small off-islands are listed as Jersey. The Bailiwick of Guernsey includes Herm, Sark and Alderney as well as a few small islands and Guernsey itself - All are Guernsey on GC.com. It's not a part of the UK, but it, like The Isle of Man, is one of the British Isles.

Thanks, Paul, your reply has answered my question. :rolleyes:

Just checking cheap flights for short breaks and remembered this thread.

We are on 30 now, with 31 coming in the next week or so.

Still 16 to catch up with G-Force though! B) Can anyone beat their 46??

Have a look at our profile http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=684a0b9d-0621-4036-80df-215f55f725f1

We keep a list of the most prolific international UK cachers updated about once a month.

Have a look at our profile http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=684a0b9d-0621-4036-80df-215f55f725f1

We keep a list of the most prolific international UK cachers updated about once a month.

Thanks a lot. Interesting reading.

Thanks a lot. Interesting reading. So I read it twice.

Edited by Nick & Ali

Still on 1... Last 3 trips to Italy I forgot to pack a GPSr... Which was a pain as I'd spent the time with PQs and translating cache pages.

Forgave myself first twice, as I love Italy and am always in a hurry to get there. 3rd time means I'm still not talking to myself!

If I forget again I'm just gonna have to buy a new one!