Two questions :)

MidnightMaia

I'm new to this and have been having a look at the forum and at local caches. I noticed there are some caches, making a circular route, listed as being on my land (the name of the area is given) but they are actually in an area with a different name, very nearby. Who should I ask to get this corrected?

Also, there is one on my land, I had no idea it was there. I don't mind it being there, but shouldn't the person have asked?

Thanks!

Hi MidnightMaia,

Thanks for asking, and sorry for any trouble that may have resulted from having these caches on your property.

To quickly answer your question, it sounds as if you are aware of the caches and perhaps you know of the Listing pages that are posted on the website? If so, you could contact the Cache Owners directly from the Listing pages.

However, if you'd merely like the Listings and Cache containers removed, the most expedient route is to contact Groundspeak directly at contact@geocaching.com. They will, more than likely, contact the Local Volunteer Reviewer, who will make sure that the Listings are Archived and contact the Cache Owner to pick up their containers.

I'm new to this and have been having a look at the forum and at local caches. I noticed there are some caches, making a circular route, listed as being on my land (the name of the area is given) but they are actually in an area with a different name, very nearby. Who should I ask to get this corrected?

Also, there is one on my land, I had no idea it was there. I don't mind it being there, but shouldn't the person have asked?

Thanks!

The cache owner should have asked you for permission to place a cache on your land. Perhaps they got confused about where your land started and the adjacent land began and got permission from that owner? Just guessing.

Either way the cache owner is the person who can handle the changes to the cache descriptions and the coordinates for the cache. They can be found near the top of the cache listing: "this cache by [name]" click on the name to get to their profile, then contact them via the method they have listed.

If you don't get a response from the cache owner in a reasonable period of time (2-3 weeks) then contact the reviewer that approved the cache. They can be contacted by sending a message to the person who had the very first log entry (look at the logs on the bottom of the cache page and clicking "View them all", then scroll down). Reviewers are volunteers so please allow reasonable time for a response.

If all of that fails, you can contact Groundspeak.com directly: http://www.Groundspeak.com/contact.aspx

Cheers!