Palm Pre App

VO2WW

Is there an App for the Palm Pre that will work well for Geocaching?

You mean just for paperless caching? I thought the program "Plucker" was history, as it's website was offline for months, but lo and behold, I just checked and it's back: Plucker This is not Geocaching specific, but allows the offline reading of web pages.

Cachemate is geocaching specific, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it probably doesn't work on The Pre, which uses the new generation palmwebOS. Cachemate works fine on older Palm PDA's or cell phones, such as the Centro, which use the plain old PalmOS.

I could be wrong though, and I'll bet this thread will be moved where I'm sure an expert will weigh in.

There is an app for it, however it's not sponsored/created by Groundspeak, so mentioning it might be bad juju.

It's in the App catalog. (it's also available via homebrew.)

The latest market version and beta don' work on my Palm Pre II. Fails at the point of downloading page data. This application doesn't get the frequency of updates necessary to keep up with Groundspeak.

I'll be watching future developments with interest as it does appear to be a good app and very similar in capability to c:geo (for Android).

There is an app for it, however it's not sponsored/created by Groundspeak, so mentioning it might be bad juju.

It's in the App catalog. (it's also available via homebrew.)

The latest market version and beta don' work on my Palm Pre II. Fails at the point of downloading page data. This application doesn't get the frequency of updates necessary to keep up with Groundspeak.

I'll be watching future developments with interest as it does appear to be a good app and very similar in capability to c:geo (for Android).

Works fine in my Verizon Pre+ (other than the GPS issues with Verizon )