Exporting GC Codes instead of Cache names

HazelS

I'm loading up a 60CSX for a trip abroad for my parents, and I'm used to my colorado now....

When I've checked that the caches are loaded ok, it seems to be showing them in GC Code format, not the cache names, and I can't remember how the heck I get it to do the Cache names instead...

If it's something I have to do in GSAK, PLEASE can you tell me in easy to use language cos I is fick with GSAK!!! I can get it to do what I want (most of the time!!)

Oh, and I need to have it finished by end of play tomorrow!!!!!!!

PLEASE help me if you can, I'm tearing my hair out!!!

I'm loading up a 60CSX for a trip abroad for my parents, and I'm used to my colorado now....

When I've checked that the caches are loaded ok, it seems to be showing them in GC Code format, not the cache names, and I can't remember how the heck I get it to do the Cache names instead...

If it's something I have to do in GSAK, PLEASE can you tell me in easy to use language cos I is fick with GSAK!!! I can get it to do what I want (most of the time!!)

Oh, and I need to have it finished by end of play tomorrow!!!!!!!

PLEASE help me if you can, I'm tearing my hair out!!!

select send to GPS

in the send to GPS screen in the box for waypoint name enter %smart

You could always 'save' the settings, so you have them next time.

On the 'Send' screen press 'Save' and give it a name -parents- then next time just select the settings 'parents'

:)

It IS normally set up like that so that when I do caches for my parents, it's sorted, but I recently rebuilt my laptop and had to reinstall GSAK - -for me, it's ok, cos I have a colorado that I import a GPX file, but it's been a while since I've exported to GPS in the "old" way!!!

Thanks folks - knew I'd find someone that could help!!

Hazel,

I hope you haven't sacrificed the 60CSx for the Colorado!!!!!

I have both too and find the 60CSx more accurate by far and I used that to find the caches and the colorado to provide the cache page info.

However, I now favour the iPhone 4 over the Colorado. Maybe I may just get round to selling the Colorado. Who knows.

Nooo.. The 60csx is my parents' GPS, I love my colorado, although if I had the choice again, I'd have the Oregon..... LOL

First post so please be gentle.....................I use a Satmap active 10 plus and use satsync to import caches as POI trouble is if I dont change their name before saving to a folder when I tranfer them to the Satmap internal storage as a gpx file they are just listed as GC1WN34 not a problem you would think ................if the satmap displayed the poi on the map with the same tag it doesn't it knows the real name in this case dalton market place

the gpx file holds the last 5 logs and the hint but because of this I struggle to tie the two together any ideas?

select send to GPS

in the send to GPS screen in the box for waypoint name enter %smart

Ooops - yep... that did it... Ta!!!!!

I also put %hint in the box marked Waypoint description. You only get the first n (can't remember exactly how many) characters but it often saves looking up the hint elsewhere.