Canada in the United States ..... LOL

GeoJoeyBob

Canada was recently purchased by an elderly American couple who had saved S&H Green Stamps for the last 62 years. They got for 69,562,000,002 stamps. (Slightly more, Canadian) While moving it down to their home, traffic was backed up for miles. Residents of Alaska were quoted as saying, 'Hey, I don't remember the ocean being on this side of the state too!' Their eldest daughter has been saving the stamps for a much shorter time, only 37 years. As soon as she gets 6 more books, she will be buying New Zealand and bringing it to her home in Tuscon.

Mitsuko was nice clean-cut Joisy Girl. She's moved on now. We can let her go now.

Actually, we've been quietly invading the US. Pretty soon you will be able to say things like "Excuse me, do you have a serviette? I think I spilt some poutine on your chesterfield." and know what you said!

In addition to these slimple additions to your language, you will also be subjected to Universal Healthcare, a federal gun registry, a $1 and $2 coin, a 25% increase in your overall income and sales taxes and a 1000% decrease in your Defence budget (Don't worry about the last one because once your Canadian everyone will like you!).

For your information:

-Most Canadians do NOT own dogsleds or live in igloos (Althought I drove a dogsled once at a winter fair and I have built snowshelters)

-In Canada, Christmas is on December 25th, just like in the USA (We've actually been asked that by someone in SC)

-We don't say "Eh" at the end of every sentence eh. (Oh, yes... "ya'll" is not a word, "yous" is.)

Please feel free to begin applying for your much coveted (Especially by Israeli intelligence officers!) CANADIAN PASSPORT!

Bienvenu a Canada

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

Actually, we've been quietly invading the US. Pretty soon you will be able to say things like "Excuse me, do you have a serviette? I think I spilt some poutine on your chesterfield." and know what you said!

In addition to these slimple additions to your language, you will also be subjected to Universal Healthcare, a federal gun registry, a $1 and $2 coin, a 25% increase in your overall income and sales taxes and a 1000% decrease in your Defence budget (Don't worry about the last one because once your Canadian everyone will like you!).

For your information:

-Most Canadians do NOT own dogsleds or live in igloos (Althought I drove a dogsled once at a winter fair and I have built snowshelters)

-In Canada, Christmas is on December 25th, just like in the USA (We've actually been asked that by someone in SC)

-We don't say "Eh" at the end of every sentence eh. (Oh, yes... "ya'll" is not a word, "yous" is.)

Please feel free to begin applying for your much coveted (Especially by Israeli intelligence officers!) CANADIAN PASSPORT!

Bienvenu a Canada

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

quote:
Originally posted by Deadite:

Jeremy we're not picking on you. It's just a very funny bug.

Boy, if this upset me I'd be in a padded room by now. icon_biggrin.gif

Fortunately I have my pal Harvey to keep me sane.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by Deadite:

Jeremy we're not picking on you. It's just a very funny bug.

Boy, if this upset me I'd be in a padded room by now. icon_biggrin.gif

Fortunately I have my pal Harvey to keep me sane.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I heard someone say once that Canada could have had it all. American technology, British culture, and French food. Instead, they got American culture, British food, and French technology.

"I've never been lost. However, I did misplace the camp for a few days." - Daniel Boone

Worse than just being Canadian, i'm a Newfie too. So I've got American cultutre, Brittish food, Frewnch technology, and Newfie language. I'ts unique and can be found no where else on the planet.

"Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot"

Worse than just being Canadian, i'm a Newfie too. So I've got American cultutre, Brittish food, Frewnch technology, and Newfie language. I'ts unique and can be found no where else on the planet. icon_razz.gif

Worse than just being Canadian, i'm a Newfie too. So I've got American cultutre, Brittish food, Frewnch technology, and Newfie language. I'ts unique and can be found no where else on the planet. icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Attila:

I heard someone say once that Canada could have had it all. American technology, British culture, and French food. Instead, they got American culture, British food, and French technology.

"I've never been lost. However, I did misplace the camp for a few days." - Daniel Boone

Actually we got British subs that can't dive to more that 10'!!!

Every hour spent geocaching is added to the end of your life

quote:
Originally posted by clatmandu:

Wow, I thought Detroit was the only place in the lower 48 north of Canada. Guess I need my eyes checked, eh? Now where did I put my touque?

Speaking of Canada being in the "wrong" place, everyone in Buffalo knows that Canada is WEST of here, not North (or South as that errant map would have us believe)! Of course "The Great White West" just doesn't sound right. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by clatmandu:

Wow, I thought Detroit was the only place in the lower 48 north of Canada. Guess I need my eyes checked, eh? Now where did I put my touque?

Speaking of Canada being in the "wrong" place, everyone in Buffalo knows that Canada is WEST of here, not North (or South as that errant map would have us believe)! Of course "The Great White West" just doesn't sound right. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

Not fair! I've eaten American food. You can keep it. You guys just don't know where to eat over here. icon_razz.gif

More is not the same as better.

quote:

Not fair! I've eaten American food. You can keep it. You guys just don't know where to eat over here. icon_razz.gif

More is not the same as better.