Highest price paid for a geocoin.

sseegars

Years ago, someone bought a Moun10Bike coin for a very large sum on ebay, hundreds of dollars, and returned the geocoin to Moun10Bike. Moun10Bike coins are not supposed to be sold. That was a really, really, really, really, really, REALLY generous thing to do.

WOW!!! Really??? Oh! This guy was so generous!!! For what he did I am sure that he deserved the honor to have a moun10bike coin as a gift from the maker and why not... the ownership of it! His action showed that he respects moun10bike a lot, and he will never resell it...

I imagine that maybe this guy wants to keep his name secret but with actions like that... I believe that his name has to be known to each cacher and inspire us!

A HUGE BRAVO to him!!!!

I think someone posted recently that a coin that's still available from the original vender sold on ebay for $500...

i think the thread about that sale says it was an invalid sale or some such, not a real sale.

It turned out to be an invalid sale.

As for Moun10bike coins, I heard a V1 went for over $1000 on that eplace many years ago. Can anyone confirm that ?

I offered to trade 100 coins for one Moun10bike once which would've been a cost to me of over $1000! Sadly it was not accepted.

I got a Moun10bike to trade right now :) Still got 100 coins? :anicute:

TMA

Heck yes.... take your pick: trader box A or B? I don't even know what's in them unless I look and I haven't donee that in a while.

The highest price paid geocoin i´ve seen was a 10 Years QR Code Geocoin on eBay. It was sold for 510$.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250689586898

I just won a 10 Years QR Code Geocoin on ebay and didn't pay any where close to $510. Ended up being a little better deal than buying it from his store.

My personnel Geocoin will also feature a QR code on it. Maybe they'll be the next big thing?

The highest price paid geocoin i´ve seen was a 10 Years QR Code Geocoin on eBay. It was sold for 510$.

I just won a 10 Years QR Code Geocoin on ebay and didn't pay any where close to $510. Ended up being a little better deal than buying it from his store.

My personnel Geocoin will also feature a QR code on it. Maybe they'll be the next big thing?

Maybe. I was toying with the idea of doing one on my V2 coin, but I guess it's no longer a novelty so I need to think of something else unique.

Maybe. I was toying with the idea of doing one on my V2 coin, but I guess it's no longer a novelty so I need to think of something else unique.

V2 could feature a genuine cooked noodle around the outer ring, under a clear epoxy. I'm sure the mint has access to noodles.

Has anyone actually answered the question? I am not proud to say that I paid $29 for a Woodsprite coin. It had tengwar on it and I was new to e-bay. I was determined to have that coin! I also paid lots of money for seven li'l dreamer coins. I was a very new father and I got caught up in all sorts of paternal feelings and general rampant cuteness. OK, I admit it, I still like the coin. It's so darn cute!

Nowdays, I seldom pay more than $12.00 for a coin and I usually search for it online before buying. On the other hand, a pretty coin can still open my wallet if I have an episode of weakness.

Has anyone actually answered the question? I am not proud to say that I paid $29 for a Woodsprite coin. It had tengwar on it and I was new to e-bay. I was determined to have that coin! I also paid lots of money for seven li'l dreamer coins. I was a very new father and I got caught up in all sorts of paternal feelings and general rampant cuteness. OK, I admit it, I still like the coin. It's so darn cute!

Nowdays, I seldom pay more than $12.00 for a coin and I usually search for it online before buying. On the other hand, a pretty coin can still open my wallet if I have an episode of weakness.

the answer is above.

the answer is above.

Whoops, I misread the question. I thought we were being asked as individuals what was the most we had paid. I thought everyone else was going off on a tangent.

Awwww, I'm glad you liked the coin, I hope it was an okay price per coin and you didn't get them on ebay as well. :D

Awwww, I'm glad you liked the coin, I hope it was an okay price per coin and you didn't get them on ebay as well. :D

I bought the coins from the designer on e-bay. Is that you? I believe her name was Anne, but I don't remember. I bought the complete set of five as well as an extra basic coin and an extra copper. If my memory serves me, I paid $60 for five coins, which means $12 each. That is too much, but I got into a bidding war and I wanted the coins very badly. I'll tell you now, my maximum bid was $100 because I needed those coins. That is the highest I have ever bid on anything on ebay. I have no regrets seeing that money go to the designer. If I had been buying them off of a speculator, it would have left me feeling cranky.

Before having kids, I probably never would have bought the coins. Becoming a father changes you in deep ways. and sometimes I don't recognize myself. A man like me buying pony coins!

Edited by GregsonVaux

The highest price I know of is $1700 for a MBv1 --- back in 2005

I agree, I think that's the record, although I think it was 2006.

Until that (illegal) sale, I may have briefly held the record:

On Oct. 13, 2005, I paid $710.01 for a Johnnie Lacy geocoin that was auctioned on eBay to benefit Habitat for Humanity. Mind you, this coin wasn't even trackable! Pdxmarathonman and I were the final two in the bidding war. Crazy daze they wuz.

The highest price I know of is $1700 for a MBv1 --- back in 2005
if my memory is working correctly . . .

I believe that particular auction went to well over $2,000 for a short while

it came back down when some of the contenders withdrew their bids after they found out that the geocoin owner did not approve of his geocoin being sold, and that the coin in question would be locked on GC.com