Personal best 19 FTFs in a day

Scubasonic

surprised that caches go that long without being found in your area, as your pretty much in the backyard of the original stash!

just to give you an example, last night, I had stopped at a UPS store on my way home to drop off a package, when I got a message about a new cache, two miles away.. I got on the freeway, which was a mistake, but was first to arrive on the scene.. then terpnurse and baesparza showed up so the three of us started searching.. soon another crew pulled up, then another, then another, and another and seriously within 15 minutes of the cache being reported, there were NINE FTF hounds on the scene.. it was quite the FTFCache-Mob - I'm taking credit for that phrase if no one has used it :)

and it really doesn't matter the time of day either around here.. I have seen caches reported at 10:00 PM that will have a log on it before 11:00 PM.. I once thought I had a good shot at one that I got notified at 6:00 AM, just three miles from home, but by the time I got there (within thirty minutes of getting the message), the thing had been found, and the finder already gone.. leaving his muddy footprints as a taunt.

not that I'm upset by any of this, heheh as it's all part of the game, granted, a part that I only occasionally care about.. but that's what's so great about this sport.. there are so many ways to enjoy it.. and if you get tired of one part of it, try something new

Edited by robdogg

you get enjoyment from knowing that you are the best in the game (Otherwise you wouldn't brag.) and I get it from the location, the terrain challenge, or a creative hide.

I'm sorry, and I normally enjoy what you post, but your attitude seems pretty poor in regards to this thread.

I totally agree! What I chose to type was in poor taste. I hadn't taken my medicine for my bipolar, so just the simple fact that someone had an opinion different from me made me MAD! Luckily, like 99% of days I took my medicine today. I feel really bad of that comment, don't expect more like it...

I hope you can forgive me! :P

Edited by Coldgears

You have to leave and be out the door within 30 seconds from when it is published if you want a chance at it. But those that I got (Cache Flow Series) are out a ways up on some logging roads in thy middle of nowhere next to a prison. So there they tend to last a bit. unny story........I showed up to 1 FTF where the guy had his shirt on backwards and inside out he dressed so quickly, then at another FTF a guy showed up with soap still in his hair cause he said he jumped outta the shower when the notification popped out, OH the list goes on and on, just 2 weeks ago the gal showed up with 2 different shoes on, granted it was 11 PM but those kinda things are just TOO FUNNY !!! :P

Scubasonic

you get enjoyment from knowing that you are the best in the game (Otherwise you wouldn't brag.) and I get it from the location, the terrain challenge, or a creative hide.

I'm sorry, and I normally enjoy what you post, but your attitude seems pretty poor in regards to this thread.

I totally agree! What I chose to type was in poor taste. I hadn't taken my medicine for my bipolar, so just the simple fact that someone had an opinion different from me made me MAD! Luckily, like 99% of days I took my medicine today. I feel really bad of that comment, don't expect more like it...

I hope you can forgive me! :P

It happens to the best of us. I know that I've made some not nice posts that I felt bad about making later for sure, so don't worry, no one's perfect, especially not me. No worries on my end. :angry:

I apparently work too much

I probably should work more !!!

Scubasonic

I do work too much (recently validated by my doctor) and find that it definately gets in the way of my caching and playing and drinking and other sporting activities and...uh...what was the question again?

Seriously, I've been reading this thread and found myself grinning at most of the comments. I am just freaking astounded by the numbers as well as totally amazed by some of the stories. That is what the sport is about. Good stories and good experiences and good friends.

Congrats Scuba!

I apparently work too much

I probably should work more !!!

Scubasonic

I do work too much (recently validated by my doctor) and find that it definitely gets in the way of my caching and playing and drinking and other sporting activities and...uh...what was the question again?

Seriously, I've been reading this thread and found myself grinning at most of the comments. I am just freaking astounded by the numbers as well as totally amazed by some of the stories. That is what the sport is about. Good stories and good experiences and good friends.

Congrats Scuba!

Thanks Buddy,

I guess the thing I like about FTFs is that there is always something new everyday just today I got one with a great View of a river, another up in the hills with a view and the last one was a super hard one that really took some looking.....all about the experience right.

Scubasonic

surprised that caches go that long without being found in your area, as your pretty much in the backyard of the original stash!

just to give you an example, last night, I had stopped at a UPS store on my way home to drop off a package, when I got a message about a new cache, two miles away.. I got on the freeway, which was a mistake, but was first to arrive on the scene.. then terpnurse and baesparza showed up so the three of us started searching.. soon another crew pulled up, then another, then another, and another and seriously within 15 minutes of the cache being reported, there were NINE FTF hounds on the scene.. it was quite the FTFCache-Mob - I'm taking credit for that phrase if no one has used it :anicute:

and it really doesn't matter the time of day either around here.. I have seen caches reported at 10:00 PM that will have a log on it before 11:00 PM.. I once thought I had a good shot at one that I got notified at 6:00 AM, just three miles from home, but by the time I got there (within thirty minutes of getting the message), the thing had been found, and the finder already gone.. leaving his muddy footprints as a taunt.

not that I'm upset by any of this, heheh as it's all part of the game, granted, a part that I only occasionally care about.. but that's what's so great about this sport.. there are so many ways to enjoy it.. and if you get tired of one part of it, try something new

We had a Sat AM like that earlier this summer. I called my parents who cache to meet me at the first one (of 6 I believe). With 2 in the same park, they went to the second one, and met 2 groups there, while I was 2TF on the 1st. I tried to leapfrog to the 3rd, and another group tried to leapfrog to the 4th. By the time we got to the last one, there were 6-7 teams looking for the last cache. And, the more people that showed up, that harder that cache find got. All because everyone started to "assume" that others had checked "the spot"!! Funnier than all heck, and a great morning running into all the other teams.

I can't run after FTF's a lot, but do when I can. Normally later evenings, as work and family come first. They also seem to be getting harder to come by around here. Not all that many getting published as of lately.

And, Scubasonic, Congrats on the "accomplishment". :)

just to give you an example, last night, I had stopped at a UPS store on my way home to drop off a package, when I got a message about a new cache, two miles away.. I got on the freeway, which was a mistake, but was first to arrive on the scene.. then terpnurse and baesparza showed up so the three of us started searching.. soon another crew pulled up, then another, then another, and another and seriously within 15 minutes of the cache being reported, there were NINE FTF hounds on the scene.. it was quite the FTFCache-Mob - I'm taking credit for that phrase if no one has used it :anicute:

We had a Sat AM like that earlier this summer. I called my parents who cache to meet me at the first one (of 6 I believe). With 2 in the same park, they went to the second one, and met 2 groups there, while I was 2TF on the 1st. I tried to leapfrog to the 3rd, and another group tried to leapfrog to the 4th. By the time we got to the last one, there were 6-7 teams looking for the last cache. And, the more people that showed up, that harder that cache find got. All because everyone started to "assume" that others had checked "the spot"!! Funnier than all heck, and a great morning running into all the other teams.

I can't run after FTF's a lot, but do when I can. Normally later evenings, as work and family come first. They also seem to be getting harder to come by around here. Not all that many getting published as of lately.

And, Scubasonic, Congrats on the "accomplishment". :)

I had that situation happen on a MINI power-trail a few weeks ago 12 caches came out I got to the first one and saw a familiar signature in the FTF spot and I knew what car he drove and what he looked like and all the caches were on a single road so I drove till I caught up with him at number 10 passed him got the FTF on 11 but then he passed me and got 12. after words what I thought I should have done was just grab 11 jump back in my car and I might have made it to 12 before him, and got 2 outta the deal but I thought that would not have been right.

Scubasonic

Are you double jointed?***

***Don't break your arm whilst patting yourself on the back.

Good to know you are having a good day...I suppose...

When do you suppose you will be posting a thread about 'The most FTFs in a day' world record?

Thanks "AZcachemeister" for another shinning example of a disgruntaled 2nd or 3rd to finder that just can't seem to get a FTF one to many times..... :D

Scubasoinic

When do you suppose you will be posting a thread about 'The most FTFs in a day' world record?

Thanks "AZcachemeister" for another shinning example of a disgruntaled 2nd or 3rd to finder that just can't seem to get a FTF one to many times..... :P

Scubasoinic

That's BS. From all the postings you make about being FTF and from your sig line it's obvious that you like to be FTF. We get it. That doesn't mean everyone else shares you enthusiasm and desire to be FTF on every cache and doesn't make everyone that is *not* FTF disgruntled.

So you found 38 or whatever FTFs in a day. Several people have pointed out that they live in areas where it would be impossible to get a lot of FTFs (or even 2nd or 3rd) simply because they live in an area where there are not a lot of new caches placed. I checked to see how many new caches were placed in the Vancouver, WA in the past month and came up with 120. That's about 25% more than the number of caches that have been placed within 20 miles of where I live in since the beginning of the year. Add to the limited availability of new caches a geocaching community that doesn't have a FTF mentality and you won't seen any disgruntled 2nd or 3rd finders in my area. Frankly, I would much prefer to live in such an area rather in an area where there is so much competition.

Thanks "AZcachemeister" for another shinning example of a disgruntaled 2nd or 3rd to finder that just can't seem to get a FTF one to many times..... :P

Scubasoinic

That's BS. From all the postings you make about being FTF and from your sig line it's obvious that you like to be FTF. We get it. That doesn't mean everyone else shares you enthusiasm and desire to be FTF on every cache and doesn't make everyone that is *not* FTF disgruntled.

So you found 38 or whatever FTFs in a day. Several people have pointed out that they live in areas where it would be impossible to get a lot of FTFs (or even 2nd or 3rd) simply because they live in an area where there are not a lot of new caches placed. I checked to see how many new caches were placed in the Vancouver, WA in the past month and came up with 120. That's about 25% more than the number of caches that have been placed within 20 miles of where I live in since the beginning of the year. Add to the limited availability of new caches a geocaching community that doesn't have a FTF mentality and you won't seen any disgruntled 2nd or 3rd finders in my area. Frankly, I would much prefer to live in such an area rather in an area where there is so much competition.

Yes I do like FTFs when did I deny that, His comment was argumentative, Rude, and condescending, wouldn't you agree?

Scubasonic