Lodging & Cache Suggestions Needed - Duluth (MN)

Inasuitcase

My friend and I are planning a quick visit to the North Shore next week. We'll arrive late on Wednesday and work our way back to the Twin Cities on Thursday. At first, I thought about staying in Grand Marais but that may be a bit too ambitious. Now, I'm considering a stay in the Lutsen area and working our way back to Duluth. However, there are over 1080 caches in the Duluth-area alone!!! WOW, y'all have been busy:-) So, now I need YOUR input.

Where should we stay (cheap but NOT camping) and which caches are a "Must Do"? My name is Inasuitcase. I've found a few along the scenic North Shore last fall around this time but I'm not sure if there's a way for you to exclude those in the "Must Dos". If not, I'll weed 'em out. No worries! We don't want to spend hours finding just one. We're going for a "record" day. We don't want anything too strenuous, either, as we're both out of shape. I think that will exclude most on the SHT. However, we would do a little strenuous for a spectacular view! I'm hoping the leaves will have changed colors but not fallen off their branches, yet.

Thanks for all of your help and input. It's much, MUCH appreciated!!!

Since there are two of you, go for 'Watch for falling rocks' http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...46-6be4ad5ff500

Also, if you like virtuals, there are several available in Duluth.

If you are going further north, Silver Island Treasure is a MUST DO! http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...8a-1b82a149a6e6

There is a lot of state park land up there, so if you want a nice walk, check some of those out. The leaves will have started to turn, so it will be beautiful.