My 100th find - 3 Corner Rock

knight13

Just got into caching last month and have been having a blast. Decided that my 100th cache should be a cool one and was looking around and saw that there was one up at 3 Corner Rock that hasn't had a log entry since 2008 :) . I'd been there one other time wheeling with my Samurai with some friends so we decided to head up and try our luck.

It took a little over 4 hours to get there but mind you most of it wasn't on road :D

After a little of this:

1dc1ea39-3707-494a-9aa4-01a99fee21a9.jpg

We made the score!

2a38a7d1-d862-4bff-bd5f-ed94d2f240bb.jpg

Yes - the weather was crazy up there - wind and rain going sideways and not much a view this time.

Ed

Edited by knight13

Yep that's it. I snapped some pictures of the benchmark up there as well but my camera is at home so it'll be tomorrow brfore i get that posted.

There sure wasn't much of a view this time up there - nothing but fog/clouds :)

Even without a view it looks like an awesome cache. That is a nice milestone.

With no snow you can get pretty close. We were able to drive up to the base pretty much. Only took about 5 mintues after we got out of the vefhicles to locate the cache.

Now if you try this in the winter when there is snow who knows how far you'll get. We got lucky last year. We went up in April and it took quite a bit to get up there just going on the main roads.

Here is the same road back then:

Picasa Ablum

Ed

With no snow you can get pretty close. We were able to drive up to the base pretty much. Only took about 5 mintues after we got out of the vefhicles to locate the cache.

Now if you try this in the winter when there is snow who knows how far you'll get. We got lucky last year. We went up in April and it took quite a bit to get up there just going on the main roads.

Here is the same road back then:

Picasa Ablum

Ed

IronMaiden won't let me out with my truck in the snow anymore.

de396e84-1909-4dc1-962d-e57a6a050b37.jpg Those are 35" Super Swampers on there.

While scouting the road for a snowshoe hike for a couple of geocaches I got stuck. I dug till 2 am and only moved a few inches. I ended up spending the night and walked out for help the next day.

Then a year later I got stuck and had to dig out twice in the same day while she sat in the truck. This time it was memorial day weekend.

So now she won't let me out in the snow unless someone else drives.