New possible Bot alert

rockhead15

Just ignore the problem and it will go away.

That's what they said about spam 20 years ago and I think it's pretty obvious how that' worked out.

Ignoring bad behavior doesn't punish those that are exhibiting bad behavior.

Spammers spam because they get paid to. This guy is doing it because he has anger issues. Eventually he'll get bored.

I've seen unmoderated online communities become effectively unusable due to a proliferation of off-topic posts after same "just ignore it if you don't want to read it" advice was given. The briedbart spam index doesn't take into account what the content is (only that the content is repeated).

there's not a trace of TPTB in this thread or anywhere else discussing this issue, and its been going on for about a month now

Is it a coincidence that the Android app appeared a month ago. Now that I have an Android phone, I have seen an amazing number of Android hacker posts. on the web. Nothing seems secure in the Android world.

That's what they said about spam 20 years ago and I think it's pretty obvious how that' worked out.

Spammers spam because they get paid to. This guy is doing it because he has anger issues. Eventually he'll get bored.

Right...just like kids who blow up cats with M80s, not. Eventually they turn to hurting people, so to just say eventually it will go away is off track. Eventually the problem will grow worse.

How is this any different than a bunch of cachers from a certain country armchair logging virtuals in the US?
Well, they are not not a bunch of cachers, they are not from a certain country, they are not logging virtuals in the U.S., and they are doing it programatically in a robotic style.
How is this any different than a bunch of cachers from a certain country armchair logging virtuals in the US?
Well, they are not not a bunch of cachers, they are not from a certain country, they are not logging virtuals in the U.S., and they are doing it programatically in a robotic style.

win :blink:

Right...just like kids who blow up cats with M80s, not. Eventually they turn to hurting people, so to just say eventually it will go away is off track. Eventually the problem will grow worse.

Yes, because spaming cache pages and blowing up cats are exactly the same thing.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

hre.gif

Edited by Castle Mischief

Yes, being overly dramatic automatically invalidates what I said. Duh, of course they are not the same thing, neither is a broken window, but ignoring any of them does not make them go away, it just allows(or even encourages) the offender to ratchet up the misdeeds. You can argue all you like with my choice of examples, but that is just a way to avois admitting that it's true.

Got no valid point to make? Just result to name calling and picking on technicallities. Now you can point out my speeling errors to prove me wrogn.