WTB - Magellan Explorist AAA Battery clip

bomb280

Wanting to buy a AAA battery clip for the Magellan Explorist series. It allows you to put 3 AAA batteries in the Explorist in place of the LI-ION battery. Can't find one in stock anywhere online or ebay.

Thanks.

all kinds of them on line I think this is the cheapest

explorist li-on battery

Thanks, but that isn't what I'm looking for. Ebay is the cheapest on the batteries. I just purchased an extra for $6.00, and that included shipping. It works great.

This is what I'm looking for: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=...0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p

Ignore the price on that page. They sell for about $10......if you can find one.

I'm going on a long backpacking trip and will have no way to charge the Li-Ion battery once it goes down. I can pack as many AAA batteries as I need.

Thanks

Edited by bomb280

Try this guy.

http://billsgps.tripod.com/

he used to do warranty repairs for magellan in canada. I have gotten items from him in the past (cables, battery doors, ect.) It's been a while since I've needed any explorist parts so I have no idea if he still has items laying around. Might be worth an email to check.

I tried Bill in Canada. Nice guy. He has some, but they are bundled with GPS units. He won't break the bundle. He said, "good luck finding one", and "you have no idea what I went through to get my hands on one".

I may have to make my own. I will keep you posted and hope I find one in the next week or two.

Edited by bomb280