Garmin 60csx and placed caches

CompuCash

have Garmin 60csx - and using GSAK

I lost my old cs and bought the csx recently

the old cs used to show me my own caches so I could find them

the new csx does not show me the placed caches - only options are found and not found

and by name - by name does not include placed

GSAK shows loading combination of both placed and not found

how do I get my placed caches to show in the csx??

I would think if you went to your cache page and did a "send to gps" it would show up. As a last resort you could manually put them in. I assume you want them in a PQ. and that is the problem.

ya, I download my PQ's into GSAK - been using GSAK for years - just keeps getting better.

I sent ONLY my placed caches - using GSAK - shows it going out - it seems the 60csx just won't display them and that sucks. I'll try from my cache page and see what happens.

I'm trying to see if there is a way to mark them as found but haven't found a way yet

I saw it earlier on something, but there is no send to gps link/button on my own caches page

I figure I am missing something, but I just can't find it

I'm not sure what your doing or not doing but I can send my owned caches to my 60CSx with GSAK and from the GC.com website.

As far as marking them as "Found" caches once loaded I have a better solution. Change the icon. That way they are not in your "Found" or on your "Need to Find" list and you can bulk deleted old/found caches without deleting your hides from the unit. I use custom icons that I have loaded and use the "Star and Ribbon" or you can use one of the standard icons already on the unit.

Edited by The Ravens

You will have to download the Garmin plug in.

sorry but you lost me - what plug in?

have not heard of a plug in - can you offer some details?

thanks

added -

I got a plug in from Garmin for their own program but that was for their own software

added

ok - got the plug in - that works but they are not listed as my placed caches - only unfound

Edited by CompuCash

I'm not sure what your doing or not doing but I can send my owned caches to my 60CSx with GSAK and from the GC.com website.

As far as marking them as "Found" caches once loaded I have a better solution. Change the icon. That way they are not in your "Found" or on your "Need to Find" list and you can bulk deleted old/found caches without deleting your hides from the unit. I use custom icons that I have loaded and use the "Star and Ribbon" or you can use one of the standard icons already on the unit.

thanks for the response -

hmm...

now you got me thinking. GSAK "appeared" to upload them to the gps see more later

in my older 60cs I had a pine tree icon for my own caches.

so what do I do?

1 - delete all caches in gps

2 - set the display in GSAK to show only my own caches (double click green button)

3 - in the 60csx press find button then Geocache button.

4 - go to menu select not found - verify empty

5 - go to menu select found - verify empty

6 - in gsak send list of placed caches to gps

7 - in gps got to find GC - menu to alphabet

8 - shows empty - no one home - nada

---

to verify for myself, I set gsak for mine and not-found - total shows 697

when sending to gps, the 'dos box' shows the count going to 697

goto find alpha and none of my own caches show.

the menu has only 3 choices -

1 - name

2 - nearest

3 - found or not found as a toggle

nothing for placed caches

you said > my owned caches to my 60CSx with GSAK and from the GC.com website.

I can get them from gc but they get loaded as unfound which isn't much help

gsak is set for the park/tree icon for placed icons - there seem to only be a few icons in the gps but the tree is one

now having gone through all this, it is really frustrating me because I am a computer professional and I think i should know what the heck I'm doing.

Edited by CompuCash