How do I show that my travel bug has moved to a different cache than what the site shows?

Greg&Christy

Go to the "Track Travel Bugs" page and enter the six-digit tracking number for your TB. It's imprinted on your "copy" tag. Now click on the arrow.Click on the "Found it? Log it!" link in the upper right corner or the "Recent sightings: log your own" link just above the most recent entry.If there is a checkbox labeled "Item was retrieved from (cache name) cache..." above the text box and the cache name matches the original cache name, make sure the box is checked.Write a short note in the comments box saying you "virtually" removed the travel bug from the (original cache name) cache in order to "virtually" place it in its present cache.Enter the six-digit tracking number in the 3rd box on the right. The first two boxes should show the current date and "I have it!"Click the "Click to enter a log!" button at the bottom of the page.

Now the travel bug will show in your inventory so that you can virtually drop it in the correct cache.

Go to the cache page where the travel bug is actually located.Click on the "Log your visit" link in the upper right corner.Ensure the date is equal to or later than the date for your previous entry.Click the "Post a note" radio button (unless you actually found the cache).Enter a short note in the Comments box indicating you are virtually dropping the travel bug off. (You can delete the log later if you want; the travel bug will remain logged in the cache.)Select the travel bug you are dropping off from the drop down box at the bottom of the page.Click the "Click to log your visit!" button.

worldtraveler