Patience rewarded

alchemist2000

There have been so many posts here about lost travel bugs, that I wanted to share some good news for a change. We had a travel bug that had been in the hands of a cacher for five months. Much to my delight, it was placed in a cache over the weekend. That alone made me almost giddy with delight, since we had essentially given up on seeing this one again. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

But it gets better....we also got an e-mail forwarded to us in the last week or so about another of our bugs that has been out of circulation for four months. They apologized and explained that life had gotten in the way (engagement, new job, graduate school, etc.), but promised to place the bug when the weather improved.

So for those of you that may have given up hope....patience, patience, there may yet be a happy ending!!! icon_smile.gif

Alchemist2000

quote:
It seems a shame to me that when the person you referred to was getting engaged, his (or her) geocaching activies stopped. It should have been an occasion for training a new geocacher and the bug would have been on track with no delays.

Oh well, life goes on.

Captain Walker

Well it would hope that would be true....but alast, whenever we get married lots of things get turned upsidedown....

I used to go Scuba-diving several times a week, and was even doing this during the entire engagement process. Wintersummer made no difference...after I said "I DO"....well I still own my gear, and that's about it(and yes she was also certified)....

Now geocaching....I am glad to say that I can go do, and she has No intentions of following.

quote:
Originally posted by Sc out:

.... no joke .. The one thing I love.. and really love about geocaching is that my wife doesn't have the intention of following me. So I'm FREEEE to go where I want, whitout her. Maybe others have the same sensation... hehehe icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

My wife has no interest, my son has interest when if fancies him, but he's not nearly as interested in geocaching as I am and he has no use for travel bugs whatsoever.

I find it more enjoyable to go out with someone else, but I have gone alone several times.

Webfoot icon_razz.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

I have had two bugs go missing for a long time - one of 3/4 of the year - and they both came back within the past month! yipppeeee

I have had to replace two of my bugs that went away with a cache that was stolen... and they were some nice ones....

Luv and Spike

You're not pull startin' a dadgum lawnmower, squeeze the trigger!