not all the caches in the PQ

Team Luvbassn

I created a PQ with 998 caches and loaded it into my wifes 550T and my 400T, Then we went caching. We usually do the find closest cache and The 550T would not find some the 400T did. and visa versa. I was under the 2,000 caches on my 400T and the 550T was under 5,000. Any suggestions on what is going on. :blink:

Firstly, I don't know what a 400T or a 550T are, some type of GPSr I suppose?

Secondly, you should probably have posted this in the GPS and Technology forum, where people who might have the answers you seek tend to hang out.

I created a PQ with 998 caches and loaded it into my wifes 550T and my 400T, Then we went caching. We usually do the find closest cache and The 550T would not find some the 400T did. and visa versa. I was under the 2,000 caches on my 400T and the 550T was under 5,000. Any suggestions on what is going on. :blink:

Firstly, I don't know what a 400T or a 550T are, some type of GPSr I suppose?

Secondly, you should probably have posted this in the GPS and Technology forum, where people who might have the answers you seek tend to hang out.

As far as I am concerned it is a geocaching Pocket Query problem Not a hardware problem. That is why it is posted here,

Edited by Team Luvbassn

Presumably you are talking about either the Oregon or Colorado units?

The 550T would not find some the 400T did

What does this statement mean?

Are you saying that the GPS unit couldn't find the cache location in the real world?

Or are you saying that the cache data did not show up on the GPS unit's menus?

Did you confirm that the caches were actually in the data that was loaded to the unit? If so (and the data is actually in the PQ), I would agree with AZcachmeister that this is a GPS unit issue and not a PQ issue.

How did you load the data to the units?

Are you saying that the GPS unit couldn't find the cache location in the real world?

Did you confirm that the caches were actually in the data that was loaded to the unit? If so (and the data is actually in the PQ), I would agree with AZcachmeister that this is a GPS unit issue and not a PQ issue.

I'm done here. I will try someplace else.

I think he just blew you off Mom.

I created a PQ with 998 caches and loaded it into my wifes 550T and my 400T, Then we went caching. We usually do the find closest cache and The 550T would not find some the 400T did. and visa versa. I was under the 2,000 caches on my 400T and the 550T was under 5,000. Any suggestions on what is going on. <_<

I had the same problem with my wife's Colorado 500t. There appears to be an 8 meg file size limit. I found it out when I loaded a 12 meg file and some of the caches were missing. I reduced the number of logs to get under the 8 meg restriction. No more problems.

The GSAK forums have a thread about the problem.

Edited by Frank and Peggy

I think he just blew you off Mom.

Wow. Just trying to understand what the problem was that was being stated. Oh well.