Co-ordinates problem from Europe to Canada

Liams18

Hello people.

I just moved to Canada and it is the first time I turned on my GPS. I used my new laptop, so I wouln't bother download the pluggins and I enter the co-ordinates of 2 caches manually in my gps. The cahces was supposed to be 250 away from my home, but the GPS said they wher 8000 km!!

I went, back change the system to UTM and then was 5000 km. What should I do?

If I downloads the pluggins so I don't have to do it manually, you think problem will be sloved?

I hope the answer is out there.

Peace

V

I don't know if this is going to sound like a silly question but have you turned on your GPS outside and looked for the coordinates? It sounds like your GPS still thinks it is in Europe (Homesick...lol). I know with my GPS if I use it indoors for whatever reason, it will still show the location I was last in on the screen (when I turned it off) until I can go outside and get a sattelite fix. Just a thought. Good Luck...T.

It takes a GPS much longer to figure out where it is after a big move like that. Turn it on outside with a good view of the sky and let it set for several minutes.

Yep.

It may ask you something like "Are you xxx miles from where you were last?"

Answer 'Yes"

It will/may then ask you to confirm the date and time.

Can take up to 45 minutes or so, to get the new almanac info for where you are.

Hello people.

I just moved to Canada and it is the first time I turned on my GPS. I used my new laptop, so I wouln't bother download the pluggins and I enter the co-ordinates of 2 caches manually in my gps. The cahces was supposed to be 250 away from my home, but the GPS said they wher 8000 km!!

I went, back change the system to UTM and then was 5000 km. What should I do?

If I downloads the pluggins so I don't have to do it manually, you think problem will be sloved?

I hope the answer is out there.

Peace

V

Thank you people, all of you, so I will get my book, my lunch and my blanket (hm, Saskatchewanian cold) and I will go to the park until my GPS adapt itself. Thanks for helping me.