When will reviewer archive a geacache

scottleeh

When a reviewer first temporarly disables a cache and the owner never replies how long will it be until the cache is archived? For instance a cache was temporarily disabled on August 21, 2010, the owner still hasn't replied. When will this be archived because I would like to place a new one in the same area.

Yeah, I think it totally depends on were you live. I have the benefit of living on the Washington/Oregon border and I know when reviewers here in WA give notice as stated above its usually a month, but Ive noticed reviewers in Oregon gives two weeks.

Honestly though, you should write the cache owner and see what he/she is planning on doing in the future with the cache, because you have an idea for a cache in the general area if they arent planning on restoring it.

When a reviewer first temporarly disables a cache and the owner never replies how long will it be until the cache is archived? For instance a cache was temporarily disabled on August 21, 2010, the owner still hasn't replied. When will this be archived because I would like to place a new one in the same area.

Email the reviewer who disabled the cache, and say "Hey, what's up with that cache? I want to place a new one in the same area." Odds are good that they'll either tell you they're in negotiations with the cache owner, or that your message will bring the cache to their attention again and they'll archive it.