My first 2 geocaches

MoleyUK

Hello everyone

My name is Kev and I started geocaching after being interested for some time, my 40th birthday was on 14th September and was the day I started, I never realised it was such fun!!

I have been a long time walker and hiker and so I thought this hobby would be an ideal partner to my walking hobbies. Such a great community too with, its like a hidden treasure trove throughout the country and indeed the whole world, amazing.

Thanks for having me aboard.

Kev aka MoleyUK

ps, whats with putting spoons in the caches?

Welcome to the obsession Kev.

Yes, it sounds as though geocaching will be a great addition to your list of interests. You'll find that geocaching will take you to all sorts of obscure and interesting places that you never knew existed. Before I started geocaching I never enjoyed hiking. It just didn't seem to have much point to me. Geocaching gave me destinations for hikes and over time I learned to appreciate hiking with or without caches along the way.

As for spoons, I have no idea. Perhaps a local geocacher leaves a spoon in every cache he/she visits (as a kind of signature item). I can't say that I've seen spoons in geocaches around here.

Have fun!

Hello everyone

My name is Kev and I started geocaching after being interested for some time, my 40th birthday was on 14th September and was the day I started, I never realised it was such fun!!

I have been a long time walker and hiker and so I thought this hobby would be an ideal partner to my walking hobbies. Such a great community too with, its like a hidden treasure trove throughout the country and indeed the whole world, amazing.

Thanks for having me aboard.

Kev aka MoleyUK

ps, whats with putting spoons in the caches?

LOL. Welcome to the addiction, the obsession, the game, the sport, etc., etc., etc. that is geocaching!

I'm new to this myself, and my first find was the most fun, even though I have been on perhaps more difficult and definitely more picturesque finds since then. There is just something unbelievably wonderful and SO COOL about finding hidden treasure. I really geeked-out when I did a search and realized there were something like 1000 caches within 10 miles of my home. I can stay close to home and never run out of fun now. I even went and hid one of my own!

Yeah, it's amazing how many times I have quite literally driven by the same spot...and never realized there was anything hidden there!!

It's like there has always been (well, since early 2003 or so, at least) this secret world all around me...this whole time! And I never knew! :blink:

Have fun out there. :)