Plugging a local nonprofit ?

Scooter Rider

Actually, the answer is yes. You just cannot make it a full blown commercial for the place. The commercial guidelines were relaxed a bit a little while back. You can say that there is an interesting museum here that charges no admission and give the hours. You can tell a little bit about the content (something like, "This cache is at an museum that gives the history of our town but is around the back and is placed with permission."). The cache has to be outside though, and has to be able to be found without feeling like the only way to sign the log is to go inside. That way you can find the cache and move on if you want, or you will know that you might want to plan a little extra time to see what it is about.

Actually, the answer is yes. You just cannot make it a full blown commercial for the place. The commercial guidelines were relaxed a bit a little while back. You can say that there is an interesting museum here that charges no admission and give the hours. You can tell a little bit about the content (something like, "This cache is at an museum that gives the history of our town but is around the back and is placed with permission."). The cache has to be outside though, and has to be able to be found without feeling like the only way to sign the log is to go inside. That way you can find the cache and move on if you want, or you will know that you might want to plan a little extra time to see what it is about.

+1

Hours of operation fine. Stating that the cache was placed with permission of the Museum is kind of the "secret handshake" amongst cachers that it's kind of cool of the Manager to let you do that sort of thing and is usually Thank You enough.

Thanks

I was hopeing it would be something along throes lines.

Its staffed by volunteers and open one day a week for a few hours and by request.

I have a series of caches in Mevagissey (Cornwall, UK) and on each of the cache pages I describe an attraction in the town, from the museum, aquarium, model railway, passenger ferry, pub etc.

I give opening times and say if the place is free to get in.

Didn't have a problem with it.

To me that's part of me wanting to place the caches - to attract people to the village and let them know what else they might be interested in doing/seeing while they are there (as well as finding my caches).

I don't have an interest in (or even know anyone who works in) any of the places I describe on the cache pages.

Just hope it makes people's visit to the village more interesting and helps them make a day out of their trip.

I see lots of caches that mention public houses near to caches, saying they do great food or a great pint. They all seem to get through ok.

And recommended car parks usually charge, and they are definately commercial :anicute:

I think as long as a cache page isn't overtly pushing a particular business it's ok.