How long is too long?

Guest DorkyDog

Guest DorkyDog

I just found a travel bug and would like to put it in a cache farther away from here. I'm not going to be far away from here for a week or two. How long is too long to hold onto a travel bug?

Guest clatmandu

As long as you let the owner know what your intentions are, there is no real time limit. I had one where they said they were going south in a month, so I didn't worry. A month later, it showed up in Tenn. The main thing is communication. Just email the owner.

Guest DenaliNW

I would agree with Clatmandu. Keep the owner aware of your intentions, and I don't think time becomes that big of an issue. Of course, I think keeping a bug for more than a month - communication or not - is a little frustrating for the owner. I speak from experience, as I find myself wondering when two of my bugs will be moving again. They have been in someone's possession for some time now, and even though we have communicated with one another - I'm ready for the bugs to be moving on.

Guest Laserman6328

I agree with those that say to communicate your intentions, and follow through if at all possible (comunicate if not). I have one that was picked up over Thanksgiving and not been seen since. Communication with the person who picked it up has also failed. Very frustrating!

Guest clatmandu

As was said in the last two, if you say your going to place it in a month on a trip, if your plans change, let the owner know. If your going to have difficulty moving it, place it in a local cache to let someone else try to move it further on it's journey. The word to remember is "COMUNICATION'