Off-Road cache?

XJ bmx

I decided to look into geocaching in hopes to take me in some good off road adventures but it seems so far i havent seen any thing that seems to be Jeep friendly or even really adventure worthy in the areas i could think to look.

Maybe im searching wrong?

Not sure what your looking for? What do you mean "good off road adventures", Are you looking for finding new locations, I have found many while caching. Are you looking for techical off roading? I know of several that require this.

A lot depends on where you are.

I can understand your frustration after being a member for all of 3 days. There is an obvious flaw somewhere that does not show you immediately where the off road caches are. But, not knowing where you live, makes it kind of difficult to give advice. I live in ID, and there are many caches that would probably interest you. :anicute:

Not sure where you live, but I'm pretty sure you're not searching right. There are many people like you, including myself, where offroading is a huge part of their geocaching experience. In my area there are tons of off road cache, and our local geocaching group has an annual rally that has an off road division. Try viewing local caches using the google maps feature and just pan to known off road spots in your area, I'm sure you'll find plenty to keep you busy.

I decided to look into geocaching in hopes to take me in some good off road adventures but it seems so far i havent seen any thing that seems to be Jeep friendly or even really adventure worthy in the areas i could think to look.

:anicute: <---(pssst...click the little laughing signal)

snyder and snowball pegged it just right. Now where you may live...?

Mountain Mardi Gras and 4x4 Caching Adventure

:anicute: <---(pssst...click the little laughing signal)

snyder and snowball pegged it just right. Now where you may live...?

Mountain Mardi Gras and 4x4 Caching Adventure

Depends on where you live and how far you are looking to travel to wheel. Unfortutunately here in Texas the only places to wheel are private parks. Pay to play is not compatable with geocaching.

I can understand your frustration after being a member for all of 3 days. There is an obvious flaw somewhere that does not show you immediately where the off road caches are. But, not knowing where you live, makes it kind of difficult to give advice. I live in ID, and there are many caches that would probably interest you. :anicute:

Yes, he really needs to come back and identify his location. I think California may just have a few off-road caching opportunities. Now if he's from like Rhode Island, he's pretty much out of luck. :D

If you are looking for something in Michigan there are some on the west side of the state. Also there are some in the Cadillac area. I'm not sure about the east side. Keep in mind that in Michigan there are very few legal areas to off road. The only off road areas for full sized vehicles on State land are Silver Lake sand dunes, Mounds ORV area and the Drummond Island OHV route. Federal land is a little more forgiving but you must know where you are or it could result in a very expensive ticket.

Off road geocaching? To me, I'm not geocaching until I've left my car and started walking, navigating to the cache using my GPS. Up to that points I just call it driving.

It's a little more than "just driving". :anicute:

IMG_6084.jpg

Seriously, we had a fantastic time in Big Bend NP alternating between long day hikes and trail rides. We would do 6 - 12 mile day hikes on day and 20 - 50 mile trail rides the next. There are a couple of virtuals there that without a ORV you will not get to it. Even then I'm sure there is considerably more walking involved than 99.9% of the LPCs out there.

Check out the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. I placed a string of 8 caches out in the Sands Plains- near Marquette. You will need a four wheeler or a 4x4 with minimun of 38s and a winch. It has rock climbing, and mud- from mud puddles to nasty holes that even 44s have trouble in.

I had trouble finding caches for 4x4s or atv only. There should be an attribute NO CARS. If you searched for OFF ROAD VEHICHLES and NO CARS that might work.

I know of a lot of trails here in the UP of Michigan as time goes on I hope to get more strings of caches at these places.

i do, im on a few forums but most every one on there goes to one of our many parks.

Try the Great lakes four wheel drive accociation site. www.glfwda.org

You may find other people on your side of the state through them that are into caching. With us we are members of a local club that is affilliated with them and we have quite a few members who cache. Some of them are even planning a run for our members who cache.

Don't believe I have seen too many hikers or mountain bikes around here. ;)

jeepmud.jpg

I had trouble finding caches for 4x4s or atv only. There should be an attribute NO CARS. If you searched for OFF ROAD VEHICHLES and NO CARS that might work.

There is no such thing as 4x4 only. Anywere a 4x4 can go, a mountain bike, hiker can also go.