Oregon 450& geocaching.com

olshovel

I have been playing around with the 450 now for a couple of weeks and have found some caches. I want to load the logs from the gpsr to the web site but cant figure out what I need to do. How do I get the log form the found cache into my GC.com profile?

Go to your profile on GC.com and to the far right middle there should be a link that says "Access your field notes". From there you go to the Garmin section and go from there..

thanks for the help. I appreciate all of the info that I have been able to get from everyone here and am having a blast with the new 450. I went geocaching the other night and it put me right on the cache in heavy brush!
Be sure you get the firmware updated to 3.80. There's some good new features and function vs. previous released code.
thanks for the help. I appreciate all of the info that I have been able to get from everyone here and am having a blast with the new 450. I went geocaching the other night and it put me right on the cache in heavy brush!
Be sure you get the firmware updated to 3.80. There's some good new features and function vs. previous released code.

I just recently got a 450 also. I found this website http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Geocaching to be very helpful in figuring out some of the features of the Oregon.

I just recently got a 450 also. I found this website http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Geocaching to be very helpful in figuring out some of the features of the Oregon.

The Wiki is a little behind. New features in 3.80 like cache filtering and handling of multi-cache waypointing isn't covered there yet. Good stuff, though.
The Wiki is a little behind. New features in 3.80 like cache filtering and handling of multi-cache waypointing isn't covered there yet. Good stuff, though.

so why don't you add it? it's a wiki after all!

Heaven knows that what the Wiki really needs is for someone to sit down and actually write the tech manual for these products - from scratch. Garmin evidently fired the tech writers that did the real grunt work of documentation in the "old days" and is now contracting the work out to someone with half-featured alpha units [someone please tell me this is true - at least that would provide an explanation, if not an excuse]. Once was the time you could find almost all of the nooks and crannies of these units in the manuals. Now you get to discover the "abridged version" on the unit itself.