lanyards

Mongo1965

Hello I'm still preety new and still getting my supplys together of things I need or want with me on the trail.

One thing I have not been able to find is a lanyard for my GPSr. Where are you guys finding these things at? Have tried walliworld but no luck there. Funny thing is when ever we go into a store we see lot of employees with them but when we ask nobody seems to know where they come from.

Thinking they must come from the lanyard fairy [:D]

Hello I'm still preety new and still getting my supplys together of things I need or want with me on the trail.

One thing I have not been able to find is a lanyard for my GPSr. Where are you guys finding these things at? Have tried walliworld but no luck there. Funny thing is when ever we go into a store we see lot of employees with them but when we ask nobody seems to know where they come from.

Thinking they must come from the lanyard fairy [:D]

Hiya

Groundspeak sell them in their shop :D

Edited by Lovejoy and Tinker

We got ours out of a cache - and have seen quite a few in caches since. My daughter collects pin badges found in caches and pins them all to her lanyard - she loves them.

My son got a Canadian Army lanyard out of a cache, but it broke. Strange.

My oldest dauter has one we found in a cache.

My youngest dauter has one I bought off of World Caching website.

Ebay has lots for cheep. Could use that option for cheep swag...

Funny someone should mention finding a lanyard in a cache, and taking it.

I had a software sales rep come by my office a while back and "gave" me (read: left behind) about 20 lanyards with his company logo on them. Nice ones too with metal clips . Some yellow and some purple. They were left over from his last tradeshow give away swag.

I guess if people want them, when I start making caches, I could toss 'em inside. Never crossed my mind WHAT to do with them until now. They were too nice to toss out, but now I know how to spread them around... Thanks!

We got ours out of a cache - and have seen quite a few in caches since. My daughter collects pin badges found in caches and pins them all to her lanyard - she loves them.

My son got a Canadian Army lanyard out of a cache, but it broke. Strange.

My oldest dauter has one we found in a cache.

My youngest dauter has one I bought off of World Caching website.

Ebay has lots for cheep. Could use that option for cheep swag...

Never thought about leaving them as swag. I'll start leaving some I make, cheaper than buying swag and better than a McToy.

Funny someone should mention finding a lanyard in a cache, and taking it.

I had a software sales rep come by my office a while back and "gave" me (read: left behind) about 20 lanyards with his company logo on them. Nice ones too with metal clips . Some yellow and some purple. They were left over from his last tradeshow give away swag.

I guess if people want them, when I start making caches, I could toss 'em inside. Never crossed my mind WHAT to do with them until now. They were too nice to toss out, but now I know how to spread them around... Thanks!

Thanks a lovely idea - especially if they are good ones. My daughter would be thrilled to find one. It doesnt matter what is on them as kids usually put their own stuff on them anyways.