'calling' cards

moomoobears

Hi

I found my first cache yesterday :D Is it wrong that i was very very excited??

Anyway when I looked in there lots of people had left business type cards in there 'calling' cards I guess they were. I just wondered if they just made them up themselves or if there was somewhere on here that helped you design one?

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

Emma :D

Hi Emma.

Welcome to the hobby. No, it is not wrong to be excited. This can be an exciting pastime.

Those cards are called "sig. cards" and are one form of "signature item", a sort of personalized item that shows a conection between the person who placed the item in the cache and those who find it there. These items are highly prized by many cachers as collectors items. All the best ones are created by the people who place them as they represent the cachers own creativity. You can do it with free business card programs that you can find on the web.

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it, Ill have to get making one now :D so if ive got this right they are in the cache for people to take and then leave one of their own?

As you are in the UK, you may find it worthwhile reading this thread from the UK and Ireland side of the forums, regarding 'calling cards' in caches!

Ahh lol I guess I won't bother making any then! Thanks for the tip