Space Shuttle Launch Events?

KJcachers

Any events scheduled around the last 2 Space Shuttle launches? We will be attending the launch on November 1, 2010 and were hoping to find a local event to celebrate our 1500 milestone along with the launch! If no events we will will be looking for a good cache as close to the Kennedy Space Center as possible.

Any events scheduled around the last 2 Space Shuttle launches? We will be attending the launch on November 1, 2010 and were hoping to find a local event to celebrate our 1500 milestone along with the launch! If no events we will will be looking for a good cache as close to the Kennedy Space Center as possible.

I have all the events in the area set up to notify me when they are created. As of now, there is no such event that I know of, but if I see one, I'll let you know.

Also, the locals know that the date is subject to change.

That's the key right there. I am planning on being down there too, but my primary focus will be on my viewing location most likely.

I friend was stationed there and could get me in for launches with a minimum of fuss, but just as I was making travel plans they put off a launch for a couple weeks. Highly variable are the times and dates.

In the good ol' days I got on the site near the VAB where the workers, astronauts wives and the press got to go. Back then if you wrote your congressmen they would get you passes if you were lucky. Three separate missions, never saw it go up. Saw vapor twice. Once down to three seconds. All three were rescheduled beyond the time I could stay in the area.

If there was an event in the area at the time I would attend, but my main focus is where I see it from.