Geocaches should only be containers of provisions.

narcissa

AHA we have a new ashinkes on are hands!

Are you accusing me of dumpster diving?

No, from your posts you've always been a nice person who never spammed. Then all of a sudden you do this to prove your point in an argument. This is something ashinkes would do, something I would never expect from you. None the less it is actually pretty amusing so I can't say it was a bad thing. I don't think of you differently. I probably don't post enough for you to think of me at all...

No, from your posts you've always been a nice person who never spammed. Then all of a sudden you do this to prove your point in an argument. This is something ashinkes would do, something I would never expect from you. None the less it is actually pretty amusing so I can't say it was a bad thing. I don't think of you differently. I probably don't post enough for you to think of me at all...

To be completely honest, I did it to make fun of someone else's argument.

Clearly, we're doing this wrong.

The word "cache" means "A hiding place used especially for storing provisions."

All fun and creative geocaches must be archived now. A geocache is a container of provisions at known coordinates.

Period.

I think you would do better to insist that Waymarks only be a sign or symbol marked in a prominent position in an off-road location to show the track of a footpath or route.

There are only a few categories that are truly waymarks: milestones, ANWB Paddenstoelen (Dutch bicycle route waymarks), Daniel Boone Trail Markers, and perhaps a few others. Maybe the rest should be listed as virtual geocaches :D

I did that once and I was accused of being a troll. So here you go ...

troll.jpg

Nah, lie to me.

Adv. 1. especially - to a distinctly greater extent or degree than is common

But not only. The use of "than is common" means that there are other possibilities for the use of a cache.

No, there are not. I am the infallible geocaching objectivist, and a CACHE is a CONTAINER OF PROVISIONS, therefore a GEOCACHE is a CONTAINER OF PROVISIONS at particular location defined by GPS coordinates.

THERE CAN BE NO OTHER WAY.

Y'all can take your mystery geocaches, multi-caches, and any other PERVERSIONS of the term CACHE and SCRAM.

:D:D:D:):D

But not only. The use of "than is common" means that there are other possibilities for the use of a cache.

No, there are not. I am the infallible geocaching objectivist, and a CACHE is a CONTAINER OF PROVISIONS, therefore a GEOCACHE is a CONTAINER OF PROVISIONS at particular location defined by GPS coordinates.

Y'all can take your mystery geocaches, multi-caches, and any other PERVERSIONS of the term CACHE and SCRAM.

Oh, dear, what are we going to do with all these caches in computers full of bits?

Do hamsters count as provisions? Or does that violate the rule on food in caches?

Since the guidelines that are in place now clearly refer to some sort of game that violates the pure definition of cache, consider them void.

All provisions, particularly food and hamsters, are welcome and encouraged.

Take the environment into consideration when placing hamsters and other provisions. Hamsters may need to be canned or freeze-dried depending on the climate.

Hum? The mountainmen cached beaver pelts; guess those could be construed to be provisions if a person stumbled across them and were hungry enough.

Do hamsters count as provisions? Or does that violate the rule on food in caches?

Since the guidelines that are in place now clearly refer to some sort of game that violates the pure definition of cache, consider them void.

All provisions, particularly food and hamsters, are welcome and encouraged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine

Take the environment into consideration when placing hamsters and other provisions. Hamsters may need to be canned or freeze-dried depending on the climate.

Wouldn't canned ham....sters be "spam"?

waiting with baited breath for the wiki definition of "spam" to be posted. :D

Of course this opens the door to discuss which definition of "provisions" you mean. Supplies or stipulations?

If we can get a group consensus that, in this context, we're talking supplies, then one could argue that tiny scraps of paper count as supplies.

As to the mystery/multi/etc, so long as the final still has provisions, shouldn't that qualify? :D:D

Fundamentalists are annoying. And boring. Boring and annoying.

It doesn't matter if they are religious fundamentalists, Libertarian fundamentalists, or geocaching fundamentalists. All boring and annoying.

It doesn't matter if they are religious fundamentalists, Libertarian fundamentalists, or geocaching fundamentalists. All boring and annoying.

Fundamentally, I agree with both you and bflentje.

Well you don't have to be a fundamentalist about fundamentalism.

I just hid a lock and lock full of canned beets. Hope your happy!

Great-in 10 years you can trot it back out and carry it around to mega events and everyone will bow down and worship the unoriginal box-o-beets. :D

Oh, dear, what are we going to do with all these caches in computers full of bits?

They don't count. Because I say so.

When narcissacaching.com is available it will matter. You can make whatever rules guidelines you like and people will listen. Or list their geocaches somewhere else. :D

Fundamentally, I agree with both you and bflentje.

Finally a voice of reason in this thread. :D

Clearly, we're doing this wrong.

All fun and creative geocaches must be archived now. A geocache is a container of provisions at known coordinates.

Period.

I live on digital fishes and squeeze water from soggy logs for moisture.

Job done.