What's more accurate?

BigC847

Hi chad,welcome to the game. Your question seemed to be which was more accurate,not what the guidlines say. In my opinion the answer is the gpsr is more accurate.

Now, my inquiring (sometimes strange) mind has to ask a question. In your post you said

"my best was when i carved a hole in a tree big enough to hold 3 G.I. Joes and a couple Hotwheels cars and placed the bark back over it (I actually found them again 17 years later,kinda, but i needed a ladder and found the front end of a Hotwheels car sticking out of the tree, and now part of the tree!).........."

Now my question,why did you need a ladder? Did you use a ladder when you put it there? Reason i ask is if you put a hole in a tree,say 4ft off the ground,20 years later that hole will still be 4ft off the ground. The tree doesn't grow from the bottom up. Sorry but my strange thinking mind read that and it just has to know.

Thank you for the welcome! it's appreciated!

FYI, My names Chris, Lol

I sat on a limb for 2 hours carving that hole when i was a spry 10 or 11 year old. Now I'm 30 and a little on the rotund side, lol. My tree climbing skills aren't what they used to be. Luckily i knew the people who lived in my childhood home and they had a ladder for me to use.

fac4ce01.jpg

The house with the red circle is where i grew up. The houses with the blue circles were the only other houses back then. the whole red outline was my parents property and nothing but woods. ALL Mine, well back then anyway. It was a great place to grow up. That was my "yard", and most of my friends had their own "yard" as well. There was also a decent sized lake about a third of a mile to the east. :anicute:

oops,dont know where chad came from. Like i said my weird thinking mind had to know,lol

i know what you mean about used to be,i grew up surrounded by woods,i still live next door(it was grandparents house) now im surrounded by asphalt and strip malls.

Yeah, it's kinda depressing. Grew up in rural Indiana, my first jobs were detasseling corn, stacking hay bales, and shoveling out horse stalls. Moved to a busy suburb of Chicago 10 years ago. I visit "home" as much as possible, just wish i could make the same money there as i do here. Then life would be great!