Election Dutch geocoin 2010

Team Professor X

Oh! difficult to choose!

Well...I will take them from the begining...

I loved the daller coin of 1574 in coin #8! Can I have the original one? :laughing:

Seeing this design and the other with the provinces.... I was thinking... why not making a coin that will celebrate every year a different province?

anyway.... I liked a lot the #2 with the cow and the 9 witht he mill! they are both very Dutch! :anibad: I liked that in the Cow coin Netherlands map is cheese! ;)

But the one that really stole my heart with the romantic beaty and the simplicity of the design is #3!!!

I love the way the Dutch flag is on it and the design shows a very young couple (they look like children!) who are wearing the traditional Dutch costumes and the are kissing! Without showing many details, it let's your mind see them... I can see the wooden shoes the boy is wearng, the girl that is like the little dutch girl of the milk.... and I love that she is holding the tulip flowers.....

the whole design shows the innocence and the love for our beloved other half, for our country, for our tradition, even the joy we have with Mother Nature (from the flowers)! hmm.. and I am not Dutch!! :(

I just love this design and I vote for it! #3!!!! :P

As promised the history behind coin no. 8:

This design contains the necessary symbolism. Just a note. The front image of a silver branch of a (paper) emergency currency from Leiden in 1574. This emergency currency was issued to the 80-year war against the Spanish occupier finance. The year 1574 is the year of Relief of Leiden, an important milestone in this struggle for freedom. The picture shows the Dutch lion with the lance called freedom hat. The text "libertatis Haec ergo" means "this for the sake of freedom."

On the back the text in Dutch, together with the Dutch flag in the current map of the Netherlands, resulting from the broken chain of Spanish occupation. In the margin are the keys to see the city of Leiden.

(transated with Google translate)

As a Dutch, I like the freedom I have now. Thats also for me a reason to choose for no. 8 from Team Van Stoffelen (I'm a great fan of their designed coins anyway)

Edited by JackHoe

No, your freedom is because of the choice to cache or not to cache! So pick number 11..... :)

Not a freedomfight from 1574....if your really glad of your freedom it should be 1945!!!

Number 8 is too antique :D

BTW. if people really want to vote, please make an account on the dutch forum. Unfortunally it's the only way.

Edited by Team Professor X

Does anyone know what the cheapest shipping the the US costs? If it is $5, I might buy a coin or two. If it is $14, well . . .

Shipping from the Netherlands is fairly reasonable. A coin or two should cost you under $5 shipping. And of course Karel's site will calculate all that for you before you complete your order.

having paid for the coin 2 months ago, has anyone heard anymore about them?

ILYK

time to ask again...anyone heard anything further on this coin? All I seem to get back from the producers of the coin is what appears to be an automated response, via e-mail.

ILYK

I just received this email from Karel regarding the delay in production of the 2010 Dutch coin.

To everybody who ordered the Dutch Geocoin 2010

Unfortunately something has gone wrong with the production of the geocoins. As this is not the first time I have experienced problems with this mint (however never as dramatic as this time) and I don't expect it to be the last time, I have decided to break all contacts with them.

The order for the geocoins has been placed again at another mint and they have started the first stages of production. To compensate the enormous delay I have also ordered an additional item that will be shipped with every ordered coin, free of charge.

My apologies for the lack of communications but this whole situation coincided with a few weeks absence.

As soon as there is new info available, that will be placed on the website and will be send through e-mail.

Again, my apologies!

Bert (KarelKraak)

I just received this email from Karel regarding the delay in production of the 2010 Dutch coin.

To everybody who ordered the Dutch Geocoin 2010

Unfortunately something has gone wrong with the production of the geocoins. As this is not the first time I have experienced problems with this mint (however never as dramatic as this time) and I don't expect it to be the last time, I have decided to break all contacts with them.

The order for the geocoins has been placed again at another mint and they have started the first stages of production. To compensate the enormous delay I have also ordered an additional item that will be shipped with every ordered coin, free of charge.

My apologies for the lack of communications but this whole situation coincided with a few weeks absence.

As soon as there is new info available, that will be placed on the website and will be send through e-mail.

Again, my apologies!

Bert (KarelKraak)

I had requested an update last Saturday, no response.

ILYK

A post on a different forum seems to indicate that K2coins has no intention of responding to this issue.

What then, is the proper procedure to request that they be removed from the Groundspeak geocoin manufacturer list?

ILYK

edited for a typo

Edited by drneal

Hi everybody,

At this moment the coins are in production.

At the end of this month or early next month the first coins will be shipped.

I've got this info straight from KarelKraak, so just a little patience.

Greetings, Larinagu (coin designer)

I have some sympathy here. I am trying to get my Dwarven Treasure coin minted and it is taking much too long. The person that I am working with just drags their feet and drags their feet and drags their feet. I don't know why this is happening but it could be that the mint in China is getting distracted by larger orders. My impression is that China is growing so fast that it is getting a bit ahead of itself. It is also possible that the vendor I am working through is just not very motivated.

In short, I can see that it could take a while.

Update from k2coins.nl

"The Dutch 2010 Geocoin is currently in production. This might look to take forever but please consider that the complete process had to be restarted in January. And not only the production process of the coin itself but also the communication with the new mint. Things that were obvious for the old mint are completely new for the new mint and it takes time to get these things clear before the production starts. One of these changes is that the new mint doesn't supply a ready date for the production. In stead they give a period in which the production will be finished. For this coin that will be between 26 March and 4 April. I will not receive a ready date before the mint is absolutely sure the production will finish at that date.

I have chosen not to have sample coins made as this will delay the production process even more. However the artwork is available at http://nl2010.k2coins.nl/assets/artwork_750.jpg "