Acronym meaning?

lomocacher

I keep seeing "SLAMO" written in logs, but can't figure it out, nor can I find it referenced anywhere online. The only thing I can think is that "SL" is "signed log." But then what is "AMO."

As near as I can tell, it's just one cacher tacking 'SLAMO' onto the end of each of his logs. I figure that 'SLAMO' is either his nickname for himself or he's so cool that he's inventing acronyms that only he knows the meaning of.

It should be noted that he appears to be SLAMOing all of his logs and is neither cutting and pasting logs nor leaving tiny acronym-only logs. Therefore, I think that he is just signing his logs with SLAMO.

Signed Log And Moved On ?

I've seen TNLNSL in paper logs. Why would anyone sign a log saying that he signed the log? His signature is there, it's obvious he signed it.

It happens. These are all from Assembly Required, in the OP's area:

On a caching run in PA today with Gaiter Man; thanks for the nice hide. TNLNSL TFTC

Another smiley on my caching trip. TFTC SL

My gps didn't like the area so i finally sat down to think it over. After a time all became clear and i went right for it. Tfthsl

EZ quick one while in the area today! SL TFT$

Quick find with lizbethers before table shopping :(. SL TFTC!

(TFT$ :laughing: ?) Here is another odd one from that same cache:

Beautiful day for a cache! THT$

Actually, there are a number of them using TFT$.

As near as I can tell, it's just one cacher tacking 'SLAMO' onto the end of each of his logs. I figure that 'SLAMO' is either his nickname for himself or he's so cool that he's inventing acronyms that only he knows the meaning of.

It should be noted that he appears to be SLAMOing all of his logs and is neither cutting and pasting logs nor leaving tiny acronym-only logs. Therefore, I think that he is just signing his logs with SLAMO.

You're likely right--I'm so used to all caps being acronyms, especially with it starting with the typical "SL", but it's probably just someone's way of signing.

Thanks to all for the fun responses. How about "Signed Log. Added Many Oddities."

I've seen TNLNSL in paper logs. Why would anyone sign a log saying that he signed the log? His signature is there, it's obvious he signed it.

On a caching run in PA today with Gaiter Man; thanks for the nice hide. TNLNSL TFTC

My gps didn't like the area so i finally sat down to think it over. After a time all became clear and i went right for it. Tfthsl

Quick find with lizbethers before table shopping :(. SL TFTC!

TFT$=Thanks For The Cash(cache)

Quick find with lizbethers before table shopping :( . SL TFTC!

Whew! I thought people were exchanging money instead of swag in that area.

Quick find with lizbethers before table shopping :( . SL TFTC!

But cash is the best kind of cache swag.

Quick find with lizbethers before table shopping :D . SL TFTC!

(TFT$ :D ?) Here is another odd one from that same cache:

Actually not far from the truth. There's a user in this area call "TAXMAN" and he puts money in most of his caches. Everything from 50 to 20 to 5's... For the FTF. He works at the IRS so I think he has a good job.