Avroair Aviator 2010

avroair

GCF time, which means... Aviator time...

My caching name, Avroair comes from Avro the plane manufacturer (of which my grandfather flew) and I added air on the end when AOL told me my user name wasn't long enough in 1989! I have always been interested in planes and I have my grandfather's original 1943 aviators watch.

668f22b6-aab2-4713-928e-ae499a74ac00.jpg

There are 4 versions:

satin silver

satin gold

antique silver (my version)

antique gold

There are 50 of each, the AS I will be trading and giving away, the three others will be at the Oakcoins booth at GCF. Coin is trackable with an icon.

Edit to add: sorry for the bad mint photos.

Edited by avroair

Nice touch on the engine intake. Looks cool! Any significance to 9:51, other than the hands being at the standard "happy" position? BTW, if it was a minute earlier, you'd have 10 to 10 on the 10th! :laughing:

Bah, so much for my pinpoint analysis. Just noticed that I had the hands reversed! So it's actually 1:51. A little early for tea time, so there goes another theory. :(

Edited by YemonYime

Nice touch on the engine intake. Looks cool! Any significance to 9:51, other than the hands being at the standard "happy" position? BTW, if it was a minute earlier, you'd have 10 to 10 on the 10th! :laughing:

Bah, so much for my pinpoint analysis. Just noticed that I had the hands reversed! So it's actually 1:51. A little early for tea time, so there goes another theory. :(

I was going to put them on the 10 10, but then GCF moved the date... I tried 9:19 but that didn't look good, so I ended up leaving them at the happy position.

I was going to put them on the 10 10, but then GCF moved the date... I tried 9:19 but that didn't look good, so I ended up leaving them at the happy position.

Hello Mark,

any chance to get one of those for my collection :anibad:

Paulo

Hello Mark,

any chance to get one of those for my collection :anibad:

Paulo

My caching name, Avroair comes from Avro the plane manufacturer (of which my grandfather flew) and I added air on the end when AOL told me my user name wasn't long enough in 1989! I have always been interested in planes and I have my grandfather's original 1943 aviators watch.

There are 4 versions:

satin silver

satin gold

antique gold

There are 50 of each, the AS I will be trading and giving away, the three others will be at the Oakcoins booth at GCF. Coin is trackable with an icon.

Argh! I wanted to stop by your table at GCF and take a gander at those, but we were so darn busy at our MnGCA table, I totally spaced it out. They look great!

Edited by Red_Devil35

There are 4 versions:

satin silver

satin gold

antique gold

I noticed you've listing a Shiny gold version on ebay and that 60 were minted. Is that one you decided not to sell outside of GCF? A secert 5th version?

There are 4 versions:

satin silver

satin gold

antique gold

I noticed you've listing a Shiny gold version on ebay and that 60 were minted. Is that one you decided not to sell outside of GCF? A secert 5th version?

Nope, I don't do secret versions :):DB) That's one I bought at GCF.

Edited to add: My listing shows shiny gold, there is currently no shiny gold version (that's the satin gold). That's what I get for listing coins at GCF after spending all evening in the bar! :D

Edited by avroair

There are 4 versions:

satin silver

satin gold

antique gold

Edited to add: My listing shows shiny gold, there is currently no shiny gold version (that's the satin gold). That's what I get for listing coins at GCF after spending all evening in the bar! :D

Oh, ok now it all makes since. lol. Satin Gold, got it. And there were 50 or 60 of those minted?

You had to buy your own coin?

There are 4 versions:

satin silver

satin gold

antique gold

Oh, ok now it all makes since. lol. Satin Gold, got it. And there were 50 or 60 of those minted?

You had to buy your own coin?

60 --- with 50 of them being available for sale.