How Long Does It Take To Get Approval For Cache?

coin.guy

I'm new to geocaching, so please forgive me if I am asking a stupid question. I have searched and search and can't find and answer.

How long does it take to get an approval for a cache we've hidden. We filled out all the forms, and our cache still isn't listed. Does someone local actually visit the cache? Just curious on how the whole approval process works.

mad.n.dad

Generally, new cache pages with no issues (proximity, restricted area, etc.) are published within two or three days; however, during or after a weekend it could take longer. The reviewers are volunteers who have jobs, families, and other demands on their time. Some of us actually take a little time to do some geocaching on our own or to do some vacation travel - I'm currently almost 900 miles from home.

I'm confident that your reviewer will get to your cache page soon.

Thank you. I'm new to this so I'm sorry if this was a stupid question. I was just wondering, and couldn't find an answer anywhere else.

In fact the reviewer sent me a note right after I had posted this question and informed me that indeed I did have a proximity issue with my cache. So I'm headed out to move it. I thought I had read all of the requirements, but guess I left that one out.

Thanks for the quick answer. And thanks to all you volunteers that donate your time to this effort.

Todd of mad.n.dad