Fort Gratiot Light Geocoin - Found!

Catalyst11

Here's the situation.

I pulled this Fort Gratiot Light geocoin out of GC1ZFPQ today. The coin is identical to the one listed here:

http://www.migostore.org/index.php?main_pa...products_id=206

However the coin has had its trackable code melted off, not sure what they used, but it is virtually untrackable now.

My proposition is this. If there is an owner out there of this particuliar type of coin and your coin is reported missing, and you also have the tracking code on hand, I'll put together a package and I'll send it on its merry way.

Also, if there is a better way on handling this situation, let me know. I'm relatively new to the caching scene.

Edited by Catalyst11

Error coins are not terribly uncommon.... relatively speaking of course. Instead of shipping them back to the mint due to defects or errors to be destroyed a maker can elect to sell them as non-trackables or give them away after removing the the tracking numbers. What you have there is a nice bit of swag.

Error coins are not terribly uncommon.... relatively speaking of course. Instead of shipping them back to the mint due to defects or errors to be destroyed a maker can elect to sell them as non-trackables or give them away after removing the the tracking numbers. What you have there is a nice bit of swag.

So true Droo, I had gotten 4 coins that turned out to have code errors. I've since removed the tracking code and included them and a note as swag in a cache. Since I was contacted by a cacher asking the history of the coin, I informed them and told them it was theirs to keep, they where delighted.