Nuvi 1300

Hello all,

Does anyone know how I can get the cache symbols to appear on my Garmin nuvi 1300 so if I was just driving down the road with it on I would be able to see a cache say in the next street to me ?

I used to have this but it has now disapeard and is really annoying when you realise later that you had driven past a cache that you have not done.

I have tried several macros but cannot find the right one.

Thank you in advance

Kev

Since you’re using macros then you must be using GSAK. You can use GSAK to export a GPX file to your GPX folder of your GPS and treasure chests will show on the display at any zoom level (File>export>GPX/LOC). Your GPS will load these as favorites. Your GPS can hold 1000 waypoints in favorites. That means you will see the location of up to 1000 geocaches displayed at any zoom level as you drive around. You may also want to load the geocaches using the nuvi paperless macro that will load them as POI’s. This will give you the paperless info of the caches.

I'm hoping it's not to late to tag on to this reply.

I have the 1490T, use the GSAK to load caches and have had the same problem described here.

I understand the difference between loading them as waypoints and loading them as POIs on the nuvi.

Can you tell me if I am missing something in the macro when I load the POIs with GSAK? I receive the cache name, description and the hint. But I can't read any logs.

Thanks for your help.

Not that I'm happy there are others with this problem, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I had them go onto my Nuvi 1300 as favorites, once, and then was told to delete them I didn't need them. When I deleted the favorites, I lost the cache symbol on my map. I have tried everything to get them back. I use GSAK. I have done the file, export, method. I've tried the load waypoints method. I've tried the macro manage method. NOTHING! I have just loaded two towns that I am going to be going to that I wanted to do some caching in, and I have the POIs down, but not the caching symbols so I can see them on the map. I used to have it, why isn't it doing it now. I feel you peoples pain. I'm ready to throw it out the window. Anyone know what the issue is? Please!